#1 Johnmar

Johnmar

Starting My Mini Up

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:05 AM

Hi all,

My name is Johnmar, and I live in The Netherlands.

Until 2001 I was really Mini minded, then a move of house and work made me shift priorities, but I kept our mini that my girlfriend bought new and that became our wedding car in 1997. We had a minibased trailer that might be lurking at a farm where we parked it, but life took over after the move and especially after quiting my job and starting as a self employed IT guy the backburner (where the mini was placed upon) was tweaked further down to an absolute minimum.

Still, there was this longing, and I made the desicion that enough is enough and the flame is rekindled. Sadly the mini is now in poor state, so a full bare metal restoration is what the plan is.

Panel shaping: I've always wanted to alter the mini in some extend, but in such a way that it might not be directly obvious, I'll make some custom panels. Comming September I'll travel to Cornwall to visit Geoff Moss for a week of training on the "wheeling machine" (the UK name of the "English Wheel"). Hopefully that will help me in obtaining more skills in that department

Edited by Johnmar, 10 August 2019 - 09:08 AM.

#2 KTS

KTS

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:18 PM

Hi Johnmar, and welcome

your plans sound very interesting - looking forward to finding out how you get on in Cornwall, and what you're going to do with those skills

remember that if you take out TMF membership (only £5 a year - and dropping fast if you're paying in euro O_O ), you can get discounts from a number of mini parts suppliers

#3 Johnmar

Johnmar

Starting My Mini Up

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:21 PM

Hi Johnmar, and welcome

your plans sound very interesting - looking forward to finding out how you get on in Cornwall, and what you're going to do with those skills

remember that if you take out TMF membership (only £5 a year - and dropping fast if you're paying in euro O_O ), you can get discounts from a number of mini parts suppliers

I did see that and payed the 5Ukp. The return is easy as my forst shopping list for minispares including VAT came close to 900 ukp  (* O_O)

But now I just have to wait for the TMF+ discount code being added to my minispares acount.

When I've done some mini related wheeling,I'll post it on the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares