Contraversy over the show and shine too. Several eye witnesses said they didn't actually count the votes and the prizes were awarded to friends of theirs. The 90's winner was trailered there for the day, unloaded at the entrance and driven straight into the arena. When a lad asked how many votes he'd had, the lady doing the presenting said 'it would be too complicated'.
Thought Id get the true facts out there.
1. Cassidy and I spent an hour adding up all the results in the bar as it was pouring with rain and we needed a dry tabletop to do so. Took ages, they were all damp and stuck together. We collected them in as planned in the arena at 12, when the heavens opened we took cover in the bar and tallied them all up. a number of people would have seen us doing this as we were sat in the middle of the busy bar barn.
2. I actually only know one of the class winners. The other people I knew actually came second and I don't know the people or the car that beat them. It was purely on the votes.
3. The 90s car wasn't and never has been trailered - it wouldn't matter if it was but it never has been in it's life
4. I was the organiser - I did NO judging anyway. All the results were taken from the votes that people put in so it's the other approx 70 competitors you needed to impress with your car - not me.
5. The best in show was chosen by entirely independent people who didn't know any of the class winners cars at all. They looked at all the class winners that had been voted for with the highest votes. This took place at 1.20pm and they did actually chose the one that unbeknownst to them had by far the highest entrant votes in the entire competition
6.The comment about being too complicated - I meant I'd have to go back to my gazebo in the trade area at the other end of the site to get the totals sheet which I couldn't really do at that exact moment. If anyone wants to know how they did, I have the sheet with all the totals on - anyone is welcome to ask me how many votes they have because as promised I have kept it so I can do so. I will not be publishing them here as that would not be fair on those who had no votes but I am happy to look at any class and car if people want to PM me. As I said to the "lad" - message me later and I'll look it up for you.
Cassidy and I worked our socks off all day organising that show and shine - as volunteers. It was meant to be a little fun event and we wanted everyone competing to have a say in the results rather than the formal judging we usually have. I'm afraid if anyone doesn't like the results they have everyone else in the show and shine to blame - not me, the organiser. Cas and I just counted up the votes and gave out the trophies accordingly. We did have the vast majority of voting slips returned on time. The competitors made all the decisions except best in show thich was picked from all the class winners with highest votes but by independents - who actually did pick the car that all the competitors had voted most for anyway so that was pretty much unanimous.
So - no controversy!
Why not just ask if you have any questions about the SnS. I'm always happy to discuss and clear up any concerns.