One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

Hi all,

Who went to the IMM day show today?

Shame about the weather but great trade turnout and bargains to be had at Mini Spares with VAT off the prices.

However....I was looking forward to seeing all the minis and the club stands - when we asked the guy at the gate he said that the club stands were in the camping field and the show was just the trade stands and (company mainly) displays?

For 20 quid I feel a bit turned over as I was looking forward to see what the non-UK mini folk were doing these days compared to UK ideas.

I was glad to see it was predominantly aimed towards classic minis although of course I realise there will be the point where the classic minis will dry up and the trade companies will get thinner and eventually move to other cars (probably Binis of course as the DNA is there) 

(Damp) Regards

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:19 PM

Contraversy over the show and shine too. Several eye witnesses said they didn't actually count the votes and the prizes were awarded to friends of theirs. The 90's winner was trailered there for the day, unloaded at the entrance and driven straight into the arena. When a lad asked how many votes he'd had, the lady doing the presenting said 'it would be too complicated'.

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

Hi all,

(Damp) Regards

This is where the confusion is. You came to the Mini 60 party not the IMM.

The Farmer and the organisation were not on the same page which is why there were issues.

#4 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

Mud pit and rain ruined it. Came home today as I had no more dry clothes.

Funny watching people holding onto there tents yesterday.

We had a van dragged out the field after being given wrong directions/info. Tent got busted first night, then replacement flooded.

We still had fun but feel the show was very unorganised.

#5 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

Hi all,

(Damp) Regards

This is where the confusion is. You came to the Mini 60 party not the IMM.

The Farmer and the organisation were not on the same page which is why there were issues.

I went to the 50th party and I seem to recall being able to see all the IMM club stands and minis that time - I didn't go the 55th so can't comment

Obviously I misunderstood :teehee:  -   I know I wasn't coming to the IMM but I was expecting the IMM to be part of the 60th anniversary.

I guess I should go the IMM AND the 65th anniversary if I get more organised   :w00t:  

#6 MiniHead95

MiniHead95

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:18 AM

Hi all,

Shame about the weather but great trade turnout and bargains to be had at Mini Spares with VAT off the prices.

However....I was looking forward to seeing all the minis and the club stands - when we asked the guy at the gate he said that the club stands were in the camping field and the show was just the trade stands and (company mainly) displays?

For 20 quid I feel a bit turned over as I was looking forward to see what the non-UK mini folk were doing these days compared to UK ideas.

I was glad to see it was predominantly aimed towards classic minis although of course I realise there will be the point where the classic minis will dry up and the trade companies will get thinner and eventually move to other cars (probably Binis of course as the DNA is there)

(Damp) Regards

I camped from Thursday, and it sucks that you weren't able go go into the fields go see the minis, there were so many. I have a feeling it might be because some of the minis were tampered with, I had to show my wristband to be allowed into the field a few times, lady said to check our wheel nuts as people had been undoing them...wan*ers. Some one drove down the road the the wheel come off, or nearly did.

Like to think another mini owner wouldn't do that to someone, so maybe someone random from the public? I don't know why you'd even want to do that but yeah, maybe that was why!

#7 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

Can't believe what I've heard on here...this about the wheel nuts and on another thread it was mentioned that some of the staff trying to get folk into the events camping area as quickly as they could were spat at!! I'd like to think that nobody on the mini scene would do these kind of things, but then in today's bonkers world who knows!! Saddened that folk behave like this and at such a historic year for the mini!

I was really wanting to go for the duration, but couldn't go due to the boss already having the same time booked off from the beginning of the year! Glad that I didn't go on Sunday if you were not able to see all the minis that had come from the four corners of the globe and even happier I didn't go if these types of shenanigans were going on.

#8 Miniholic

Miniholic

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Yorkshire

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

Contraversy over the show and shine too. Several eye witnesses said they didn't actually count the votes and the prizes were awarded to friends of theirs. The 90's winner was trailered there for the day, unloaded at the entrance and driven straight into the arena. When a lad asked how many votes he'd had, the lady doing the presenting said 'it would be too complicated'.

Well, whoever saw the 90’s winner being trailered needs to go to spec savers. The owner is a Cooper 35 register member and his daily is a smart car, I’d love to see that towing a mini. He actually had to move his car after judging to retrieve all his luggage from a friends car as he was staying at a hotel. He had driven over 100 miles to the show.

The car of the day was chosen independently too from the class winners.

#9 popeye_the_mini

popeye_the_mini

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:38 PM

Steve220 i 100% guarentee you that stephen didnt not trailor his mini, i prepared this car for the shows and he drove it over an hour to my place so i could give it a full paint correction and engine bay detail and then after a week he picked it up and drove it home in the pouring rain for an hour, this car does not get trailored, if you dont believe me or anyone else that has said he doesnt trailor it, when you next see him at a shiw ask to have a look at his little book where he keeps an exact log of the mileage for each and every journey he takes in that mini, you will be left with your tail between legs feeling somewhat of a fool all because you didnt get a prize, grow up and realise theres more to life than you and your mini and that some peoples cars are better than yours

Edited by popeye_the_mini, 12 August 2019 - 01:39 PM.

#10 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,899 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:25 PM

AND BEFORE THIS THREAD GETS OUT OF HAND can i ask all involved to be wary what you post.

#11 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

Thought Id get the true facts out there.

1. Cassidy and I spent an hour adding up all the results in the bar as it was pouring with rain and we needed a dry tabletop to do so. Took ages, they were all damp and stuck together. We collected them in as planned in the arena at 12, when the heavens opened we took cover in the bar and tallied them all up. a number of people would have seen us doing this as we were sat in the middle of the busy bar barn.
2. I actually only know one of the class winners. The other people I knew actually came second and I don't know the people or the car that beat them. It was purely on the votes.
3. The 90s car wasn't and never has been trailered - it wouldn't matter if it was but it never has been in it's life
4. I was the organiser - I did NO judging anyway. All the results were taken from the votes that people put in so it's the other approx 70 competitors you needed to impress with your car - not me.
5. The best in show was chosen by entirely independent people who didn't know any of the class winners cars at all. They looked at all the class winners that had been voted for with the highest votes. This took place at 1.20pm and they did actually chose the one that unbeknownst to them had by far the highest entrant votes in the entire competition
6.The comment about being too complicated - I meant I'd have to go back to my gazebo in the trade area at the other end of the site to get the totals sheet which I couldn't really do at that exact moment. If anyone wants to know how they did,  I have the sheet with all the totals on - anyone is welcome to ask me how many votes they have because as promised I have kept it so I can do so. I will not be publishing them here as that would not be fair on those who had no votes but I am happy to look at any class and car if people want to PM me. As I said to the "lad" - message me later and I'll look it up for you.

Cassidy and I worked our socks off all day organising that show and shine - as volunteers. It was meant to be a little fun event and we wanted everyone competing to have a say in the results rather than the formal judging we usually have. I'm afraid if anyone doesn't like the results they have everyone else in the show and shine to blame - not me, the organiser. Cas and I just counted up the votes and gave out the trophies accordingly. We did have the vast majority of voting slips returned on time. The competitors made all the decisions except best in show thich was picked from all the class winners with highest votes but by independents - who actually did pick the car that all the competitors had voted most for anyway so that was pretty much unanimous.

So - no controversy!

Why not just ask if you have any questions about the SnS.  I'm always happy to discuss and clear up any concerns.

Tracey Lippett.

https://www.facebook...racey.lippett.7

#12 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

AND BEFORE THIS THREAD GETS OUT OF HAND can i ask all involved to be wary what you post.

Thanks Admin - as the organiser of the SnS I hope  my reply is ok. I just wanted to get the actual facts in here :)

#13 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

Reminder - if anyone wants to know how many votes or where they placed in the Show n Shine, as promised I do have all the sheets with the total scores from the voting on - just drop me a line via Facebook and I'll look the car up for you.

https://www.facebook...racey.lippett.7

#14 Shep76S

Shep76S

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Local Club: L&SMOC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

More importantly, was the winner of the minispares car there?

#15 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:15 PM

More importantly, was the winner of the minispares car there?

No it was an internet bought ticket. Lee his name was, they called him and told him straight after the draw. Lucky guy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users