#16 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Can't believe what I've heard on here...this about the wheel nuts

I spoke to the person who had the issue with loose wheels bolts and he did lose a wheel. If it's any consolation, he wasn't actually all that sure it happened at the IMM but we alerted everyone (I put the radio calls out) just in case.

Edited by Icey, 12 August 2019 - 03:19 PM.

#17 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

AND BEFORE THIS THREAD GETS OUT OF HAND can i ask all involved to be wary what you post.

Thanks Admin - as the organiser of the SnS I hope  my reply is ok. I just wanted to get the actual facts in here :)

I have no problem with facts being posted but what i will not tolerate is when threads descend into name calling etc etc. Hence why i would like anyone who posts in this particular thread to think twice before they post.

#18 popeye_the_mini

popeye_the_mini

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

Apologies if my reply was a bit too far please feel free to remove it however its people like that guy that absolutely ruin a car scene for everyone including themselves, does he expect the people that organise and judge a show and shine contest to know absolutley no1 in the feild? Assuming he entered hes got his knickers in a twist because his car didnt win, he should go away and look at the positives that he can get the scoring sheet and see what areas of his car have let him down and work to improve on them instead of spreading pure lies just to be spiteful

Edited by popeye_the_mini, 12 August 2019 - 03:28 PM.

#19 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:53 PM

Apologies if my reply was a bit too far please feel free to remove it however its people like that guy that absolutely ruin a car scene for everyone including themselves, does he expect the people that organise and judge a show and shine contest to know absolutley no1 in the feild? Assuming he entered hes got his knickers in a twist because his car didnt win, he should go away and look at the positives that he can get the scoring sheet and see what areas of his car have let him down and work to improve on them instead of spreading pure lies just to be spiteful

Agreed - we weren't actually judging this weekend - of course it was a public vote, but as a concours and show n shine judge and former Premier Cup winner - I, like many judges and experienced competitors, are very happy to look over people's cars and offer advice. If we can help anyone we will, so if  any of the weekend's competitors, or anyone thinking of entering their mini into shows in the future wants to catch up with me at a show and pick my brains then I'd love to help. Often a simple thing can make a very big difference - and often it's something that needs little or no budget. We're all here to enjoy our little cars and keep them on the road in whatever way we want to - if showing is the preferred route then there's always  advice available.

Not sure if he'd entered, I can check the list but not sure that helps. I'd prefer he got in touch with me and maybe I can help to clear up his concerns.

#20 Shep76S

Shep76S

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Local Club: L&SMOC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

Cheers!

#21 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

Steve220 i 100% guarentee you that stephen didnt not trailor his mini, i prepared this car for the shows and he drove it over an hour to my place so i could give it a full paint correction and engine bay detail and then after a week he picked it up and drove it home in the pouring rain for an hour, this car does not get trailored, if you dont believe me or anyone else that has said he doesnt trailor it, when you next see him at a shiw ask to have a look at his little book where he keeps an exact log of the mileage for each and every journey he takes in that mini, you will be left with your tail between legs feeling somewhat of a fool all because you didnt get a prize, grow up and realise theres more to life than you and your mini and that some peoples cars are better than yours

You've taken considerable amount of time to respond, and I appreciate that, however being aggresively defencive towards my comment shows a true petulent attitude problem towards a few large assumptions.  I'm not sure where you think I should feel foolish for not winning anything? I gave it a go, i was just happy i got to enter if honest, had some lovely comments about my car and the work done and that means more than trophies. I did ask Tracey if it was possible to see where I'd come as i was curious, but she was clearly busy and said that it wouldn't be possible due to how it was judged; i'm always curious as to how they're judged to see where i can improve.

Edited by Steve220, 12 August 2019 - 05:05 PM.

#22 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

Agreed - we weren't actually judging this weekend - of course it was a public vote, but as a concours and show n shine judge and former Premier Cup winner - I, like many judges and experienced competitors, are very happy to look over people's cars and offer advice. If we can help anyone we will, so if  any of the weekend's competitors, or anyone thinking of entering their mini into shows in the future wants to catch up with me at a show and pick my brains then I'd love to help. Often a simple thing can make a very big difference - and often it's something that needs little or no budget. We're all here to enjoy our little cars and keep them on the road in whatever way we want to - if showing is the preferred route then there's always  advice available.

Not sure if he'd entered, I can check the list but not sure that helps. I'd prefer he got in touch with me and maybe I can help to clear up his concerns.

Tracey, I did ask after the awards were given out, but you were busy trying to locate some of the other prize winners i believe. Would love to know if any of the judges had pointers on mine if you have any of the sheets still. Unfortunately i wasn't with my car during the judging as was helping a mate as his car decided to overheat on the way in.

I got all the information of my original post from a few people as I was packing up the car - I have no eye/ear whitness to any of it, however i'm glad it has been cleared up.

Edited by Steve220, 12 August 2019 - 05:04 PM.

#23 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

Steve220 i 100% guarentee you that stephen didnt not trailor his mini, i prepared this car for the shows and he drove it over an hour to my place so i could give it a full paint correction and engine bay detail and then after a week he picked it up and drove it home in the pouring rain for an hour, this car does not get trailored, if you dont believe me or anyone else that has said he doesnt trailor it, when you next see him at a shiw ask to have a look at his little book where he keeps an exact log of the mileage for each and every journey he takes in that mini, you will be left with your tail between legs feeling somewhat of a fool all because you didnt get a prize, grow up and realise theres more to life than you and your mini and that some peoples cars are better than yours

You've taken considerable amount of time to respond, and I appreciate that, however being aggresively defencive towards my comment shows a true attitude problem.  I'm not sure where you think I should feel foolish for not winning anything? I gave it a go, i was just happy i got to enter if honest, had some lovely comments about my car and the work done and that means more than trophies. I did ask Tracey if it was possible to see where I'd come as i was curious, but she was clearly busy and said that it wouldn't be possible due to how it was judged; i'm always curious as to how they're judged to see where i can improve.

I hope you've seen my response steve. I have checked the totals sheet and can tell you how you fared in the voting as promised. just drop me a line. My reply was not possible right now - like most shows you  can get your feedback after and I'm happy to do so. I just have no idea why you posted all this - I have clarified things for you in  my original reply and I hope that helps. No one here is being aggressive, it's just we wanted to clarify the situation for you as clearly there had been a number of misconceptions, which is easily done especially when we were all fighting the weather  so valiantly :)

#24 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

You've taken considerable amount of time to respond, and I appreciate that, however being aggresively defencive towards my comment shows a true attitude problem.  I'm not sure where you think I should feel foolish for not winning anything? I gave it a go, i was just happy i got to enter if honest, had some lovely comments about my car and the work done and that means more than trophies. I did ask Tracey if it was possible to see where I'd come as i was curious, but she was clearly busy and said that it wouldn't be possible due to how it was judged; i'm always curious as to how they're judged to see where i can improve.

I hope you've seen my response steve. I have checked the totals sheet and can tell you how you fared in the voting as promised. just drop me a line. My reply was not possible right now - like most shows you  can get your feedback after and I'm happy to do so. I just have no idea why you posted all this - I have clarified things for you in  my original reply and I hope that helps. No one here is being aggressive, it's just we wanted to clarify the situation for you as clearly there had been a number of misconceptions, which is easily done especially when we were all fighting the weather  so valiantly :)

I have, thank you. I replied to this chap first as he has clearly taken what information i had heard to heart and decided to show agression and assumed i was in it for trophy status, which is incorrect. I didn't see your post until after.

#25 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:23 PM

Tracey, I did ask after the awards were given out, but you were busy trying to locate some of the other prize winners i believe. Would love to know if any of the judges had pointers on mine if you have any of the sheets still. Unfortunately i wasn't with my car during the judging as was helping a mate as his car decided to overheat on the way in.

I got all the information of my original post from a few people as I was packing up the car - I have no eye/ear whitness to any of it, however i'm glad it has been cleared up.

oh I see - your post said you did have eye witnesses, sadly seems they have mislead you. That does explain why you are the only one of the 60 plus owners who raised any issues. Gotcha. As you know the judging was all  the other competitors judging the cars and they all just had to vote for their favourite in each class other than their own class - you'll have had a voting slip to fill in too so you know what I mean. So there will be no detailed judging sheet for this particular show, just the final tally of vote numbers. However if you're  at Shelsey Walsh or Castle Coombe, Stanford  -  come grab me and I'll look over your car with you and see what I can do to advise. I'll have a trade stand at Shelsey Walsh and probably Castle Coombe and at Stanford I'll be on the concours judging team.  BMC shows and the National Metro and Mini Show do judge Show N Shine in the more traditional way so those shows would be good for getting the more detailed feedback too. Unfortunately I never did track down those missing winners, The IMM team will sort out their prizes I'm sure if they get in touch

#26 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:28 PM

oh I see - your post said you did have eye witnesses, sadly seems they have mislead you. That does explain why you are the only one of the 60 plus owners who raised any issues. Gotcha. As you know the judging was all  the other competitors judging the cars and they all just had to vote for their favourite in each class other than their own class - you'll have had a voting slip to fill in too so you know what I mean. So there will be no detailed judging sheet for this particular show, just the final tally of vote numbers. However if you're  at Shelsey Walsh or Castle Coombe, Stanford  -  come grab me and I'll look over your car with you and see what I can do to advise. I'll have a trade stand at Shelsey Walsh and probably Castle Coombe and at Stanford I'll be on the concours judging team.  BMC shows and the National Metro and Mini Show do judge Show N Shine in the more traditional way so those shows would be good for getting the more detailed feedback too. Unfortunately I never did track down those missing winners, The IMM team will sort out their prizes I'm sure if they get in touch

Probably so, however, i haven't raised an issue, i was merely curious.

#27 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

I have, thank you. I replied to this chap first as he has clearly taken what information i had heard to heart and decided to show agression and assumed i was in it for trophy status, which is incorrect. I didn't see your post until after.

I did not read his reply as aggressive, just defending his friends car. I'm sure he did not intend to appear aggressive, I know him well, he's a terrific guy. The car is very well known on the scene - if you collect Corgi at all you may have a model of it, it's well known that it is driven. Personally I don't care if people want to trailer them anyway -   there were just a couple in SnS that  had been trailered and Steven beat them anyway lol.  Glad we sorted this out anyway. 

#28 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

So i now take it we can draw a line under all of this???

HOWEVER i will reiterate what i said earlier, please think very carefully about what you post. Things can be and will be taken out of context. Comments will be made that although appear harmless, can in fact add fuel to a smouldering fire.

All in all showing a car can be stressful when you feel all of your hard work has been over looked and a car that wins may in your eyes not be as good.

Its down to the voters perspective (if its a public vote) or the judges if its in SNS, concours etc etc.

I know i'm going to feel this way when i finally get around to finishing my clubby.

#29 Reddimini

Reddimini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Yep Steve knows what really happened now and we've been having a nice chat. All is well in Mini land. We'll meet up at a show soon and maybe I can help advise him as I know is car is pretty new on the scene :)

#30 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

It was moist is the worst that happened to me. Very moist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users