#31 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:39 PM

I had a great time at IMM our club arrived at 11am on thursday and left on sunday afternoon ok the weather was a bit wierd gales blew our tent over but we survived and several of the retailers had lost the marques but were up and running the next day the bigger stalls were on great form with help and knowledge to sort problems the the on the spot tuners were brilliant and fair priced food stalls were fantastic and not too expensive IMM Bristol put on a fantastic show and sorted out the muddy fields which was due to minis taking the Piss driving every where and cutting up the grass instead of walking to the show from the 7 fields of camping we were in field 7 the furthast away and  we walked every day making the 20 minute walk to the stalls several times a day most of the minis were English driving about from my perspective WELL DONE IMM BRISTOL a great weekend

from Mini Club Jersey

#32 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:04 AM

I was in North Wales the week before IMM and it was great to see all the European Minis that had presumably come over for the show doing the touristy bit. Must be great for our economy, of course if Boris/Farage get their way it could be harder for them to come over post October!

#33 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

I was in North Wales the week before IMM and it was great to see all the European Minis that had presumably come over for the show doing the touristy bit. Must be great for our economy, of course if Boris/Farage get their way it could be harder for them to come over post October!

There will also Minis shipped in by their owners from New Zealand and Chile!

It wasn't actually very hard to travel between the European mainland and the UK before we joined the EU.....so post October is unlikely to be a problem and of course we will once again have better control of our borders!

#34 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:39 PM

There will also Minis shipped in by their owners from New Zealand and Chile!

It wasn't actually very hard to travel between the European mainland and the UK before we joined the EU.....so post October is unlikely to be a problem and of course we will once again have better control of our borders!

And minis shipped from Mexico and Hong Kong
Amazing the lengths (and costs) some mini fans will go to to attend

#35 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hi all,
Who went to the IMM day show today?

(Damp) Regards

This is where the confusion is. You came to the Mini 60 party not the IMM.

The Farmer and the organisation were not on the same page which is why there were issues.
I went to the 50th party and I seem to recall being able to see all the IMM club stands and minis that time - I didn't go the 55th so can't comment

Obviously I misunderstood :teehee:  -   I know I wasn't coming to the IMM but I was expecting the IMM to be part of the 60th anniversary.

I guess I should go the IMM AND the 65th anniversary if I get more organised   :w00t:

I think, Birmingham was the first year that imm opened up for day visitors on the Sunday (the previous years 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 where a big show separate to the imm). I went to Kent as a day visitor, and the campsites were off limits to day visitors then. I too was disappointed I couldn’t see the clubs, but talking to my friends who are seasoned imm’rs, this is the way that they all run and is mainly for the security of the campers (so they don’t have thousands of people wondering round their tents and possessions when they are off enjoying the show)

#36 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

https://youtu.be/7077XG4QFng

Worth taking a look at your cars just in case! Mini had some but I've got it out with the DA and megs 105.

#37 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

Blimey, what is in that mud? 

#38 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

Blimey, what is in that mud?

I'm kinda hoping it's a very isolated issue, I'd hate to think this has affected the majority ?

#39 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,899 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:00 PM

I wonder what was in the field before hand?? Maybe the organisers can ask the owners of the field if any chemicals / insecticides had been sprayed there prior to the event starting??

#40 Gcal

Gcal

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

G3 compound will take Marks out or check British mini clubs Twitter for link to YouTube video

#41 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:47 PM

YsjJYML.jpg

#42 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:28 PM

Edited by mab01uk, 13 August 2019 - 07:33 PM.

#43 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

Hi all,
Who went to the IMM day show today?

(Damp) Regards

This is where the confusion is. You came to the Mini 60 party not the IMM.

The Farmer and the organisation were not on the same page which is why there were issues.
I went to the 50th party and I seem to recall being able to see all the IMM club stands and minis that time - I didn't go the 55th so can't comment

Obviously I misunderstood :teehee:  -   I know I wasn't coming to the IMM but I was expecting the IMM to be part of the 60th anniversary.

I guess I should go the IMM AND the 65th anniversary if I get more organised   :w00t:

I think, Birmingham was the first year that imm opened up for day visitors on the Sunday (the previous years 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 where a big show separate to the imm). I went to Kent as a day visitor, and the campsites were off limits to day visitors then. I too was disappointed I couldn’t see the clubs, but talking to my friends who are seasoned imm’rs, this is the way that they all run and is mainly for the security of the campers (so they don’t have thousands of people wondering round their tents and possessions when they are off enjoying the show)

Ah I have misunderstood even more than I realised.

My club (and I) attend a few steam rallies and the camping is separated from the club stands/displays for the exact reason mentioned above (with security on the gates to camping fields all day) and of course security around the displays/stands/camping at night  - some people camp on the stand (me mostly!) - although its a bit frowned upon - putting my tent up after the visitors have left and knocking down in the morning before the next day's visitors 

The reason why I couldn't understand why we couldn't see club stands and why were they in the camping fields.....makes sense now.

#44 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:50 PM

I had a great time.
My £20 pop up tent survived whilst others proper camping tents fell apart.
Yeah it was wet... but as my clubs motto seemed to be “it’s not raining at the bar”

#45 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:04 PM

These videos look great. Do you guys have a count on the number of Minis/MINIs at the show? It would be cool to attend a show like this one day. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users