#1 grahama

grahama

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  • Local Club: None in my area !!

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Does this look ok?? Is there anything missing that the hole in the plastic float should have in?? Or does the float self adjust to stop fuel flow??Attached File  93A7B771-8F2E-46DB-845B-42DD377B603F.jpeg   20.68K   1 downloads

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:16 PM

If the hole would allow liquid into the float No as it would fill with liquid and not float,just like a ball valve in any water tank, as the petrol pumps into the chamber and fills it the float floats on the top of the petrol and closes a small valve when it's full, when more petrol is burnt the float drops and allows it to fill again.

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

if that hole allows the float to fill it is Fubar. if it is only on the top part is it how it was made and is a replacement.

#4 Rorf

Rorf

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:25 AM

First question to ask is does the float chamber flood over when the petrol pump is operating. Something looks odd though and I would suggest pulling the float pin out then remove the needle valve assembly, and post another photo of the top of the float.

#5 grahama

grahama

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  • Local Club: None in my area !!

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

No the chamber doesn’t flood over at all. It does’float’ as expected. I have seen them with a bendable metal strip to adjust them with but mine design have one.

I checked it as I was having a carb problem which turned out to be the jet height making the mixture extremely lean and when revved, fuel starved.

Just checking things now I have richened the mixture up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users