15 replies to this topic

#1 wassupcrew

wassupcrew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

goblin works garage on quest has a new series starting thursday 22nd at 9pm. the first episode is a clubman

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

The Clubman is featured on the cover of latest Miniworld magazine:-

UC1b2TB.jpg

Goblin Works Garage Mini Clubman

https://miniworld.co...e-of-miniworld/

Edited by mab01uk, 17 August 2019 - 08:17 AM.

#3 phillrulz

phillrulz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:04 AM

Wonder if thats the one that did london to brighton, if so im in a bit of the footage , they had an open top BINI with the camera man sat in and the clubman behind 

Edited by phillrulz, 17 August 2019 - 09:05 AM.

#4 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

That show was a total dogs dinner the first time round, hope it's not as bad in the second season as well.

#5 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

£39k......

#6 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

Someone's going to have to explain to me why you would buy a 75 1275gt (not many left now) use virtually nothing off it turn it into a dogs dinner and find some one who buys it for 39 grand!!!

#7 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

Someone's going to have to explain to me why you would buy a 75 1275gt (not many left now) use virtually nothing off it turn it into a dogs dinner and find some one who buys it for 39 grand!!!

..that's the magic of TV for you  ;D  

#8 cp2708

cp2708

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:00 AM

I saw it, thought it was terrible, and that price.... I may ask £30k for mine and see how I go on!

#9 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

..that's the magic of TV for you  ;D  

Absolutely correct. Welcome to the alternative reality that is TV land. A common theme is "a friend" who turns up at the end, falls in love with the car and pays an unrealistic price for the car. A couple of episodes later, while they are putting a V8 into a Fiat Panda, you see the cars previously "sold", in the back of the workshop gathering dust.

We could all say, rusty body = British Heritage, knackered engine = Swiftune and worn out suspension & brakes = KAD, if we had the money. But where's the fun in that.

The only part of the clubman build that was in any innovative was the louvred grille. All the other parts were just bought and bolted on. Disappointing.

#10 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:26 PM

I just watched this and if I’m honest, I like it.
It’s different. They could of done a concourse rebuild or another “rally inspired” rebuild but how many of those have we seen as shows?!? It would of been just another shiny mini that blends in with all the others.
And i love the grille. Again it’s different and not any off the shelf part. It’s stands out that for that I say well done

#11 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

I'm with you on this Chris1275gt, but as they say you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Also I see where Jamesmpi is coming from, makes a change, interesting ideas, but £39k, bu115h1t.

I was going to say they should of used a standard clubby, not as Chris implied spoilt a genuine 1275GT, but a quick check reveals it is registered as a "Morris Mini Clubman, 998cc", so not a 1275GT!

A quick scan of the Miniworld article and I can't see it referenced as a 1275GT, in the specs it does say "1976 BL Mini Clubman"

Edited by beardylondon, 23 August 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#12 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

I'm with you on this Chris1275gt, but as they say you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Also I see where Jamesmpi is coming from, makes a change, interesting ideas, but £39k, bu115h1t.

I was going to say they should of used a standard clubby, not as Chris implied spoilt a genuine 1275GT, but a quick check reveals it is registered as a "Morris Mini Clubman, 998cc", so not a 1275GT!

A quick scan of the Miniworld article and I can't see it referenced as a 1275GT, in the specs it does say "1976 BL Mini Clubman"

They stated it was an A+ engine; not available when that car was built the first time round. Like to know how they got a new Clubman shell from heritage for £7000. Not a program to watch in the future, just a copy of one of the U.S. shows.

Edited by whistler, 24 August 2019 - 09:22 AM.

#13 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:16 AM

Well it’s clearly had an engine swap, as it started out as regular clubman with a 998.

The heritage cost for that shell is £9297, subtract the VAT (which the prod co will claim back) and bit of discount and it’s around £7k

#14 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

Not to my taste but in the world of Minis a 1976 Clubman is not exactly the rarest of beasts and Mini history books throughout the years have always been full of wild, oddball and way out interpretations of 'custom' modified Minis.

#15 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:52 PM

A complete dogs dinner in my opinion, massive spend on quality parts, well engine and suspension anyway! 

Totally ruined the lines of it with the arches and front spoiler, dash is a mess, but hey what do I know? if there are buyers out there with £39k burning a hole in their pockets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users