4 replies to this topic

#1 MiniTuga1380

MiniTuga1380

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

Hi everyone, i am new here, and i am a begginer in Spi and Mpi Minis, so i need some help, if you could help me i really appreciate, thanks in advance!!!

I am looking for a tester that work 100% well with all Spi since 1993 until 1997 and all Mpi since 1997 until 2000, so anybody to help here?

Thanks a lot!!

#2 Squipper

Squipper

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

Hi

If its any help a SPI takes a three pin cable tester, located under the bonnet, drivers side of bulk head and MPI is sixteen pin cable tester, located inside car, right hand side between heater and steering wheel.  Apparently modern/universal test coding did not come into general use till 2001.  If you use the Forum search tool, I have seen topic's where people talk about testers they have used on both types of mini's and some members offering use of their own testers.

Regards Fluf

#3 MiniTuga1380

MiniTuga1380

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

Hi

If its any help a SPI takes a three pin cable tester, located under the bonnet, drivers side of bulk head and MPI is sixteen pin cable tester, located inside car, right hand side between heater and steering wheel.  Apparently modern/universal test coding did not come into general use till 2001.  If you use the Forum search tool, I have seen topic's where people talk about testers they have used on both types of mini's and some members offering use of their own testers.

Regards Fluf

Hi Fluf,

Thanks for reply... Can you please let me know where can i found that specific topic's and some members offering use of their own testers?

Thanks a lot, again...

Regards

Luis

#4 Squipper

Squipper

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

Hi Luis

If you look at the Forums list, look for the Problems, Questions and Technical, sub para - Injection Specific Mini - SPI/MPI, look in it and I think item 4 on the list is SPI code reader.  This will give you loads of info, hope it helps

Regards Fluf

#5 Squipper

Squipper

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

Hi Luis

Here is the link

http://www.theminifo...pi-code-reader/

0 user(s) are reading this topic