4 replies to this topic

#1 E1LDR

E1LDR

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

I’m in need of a little guidance please. Having scoured the forum I’m unable to find the information I’m looking for - if I have missed it, sorry.

My wheelarch on the drivers side was damaged and very badly rotten as was the boot floor corner. I was unable to take measurements as there wasn’t anything complete.

I am relplacing the boot floor end panel along with the complete wheelarch. How best can this be done if I have no previous for reference? I have removed the 1/4 panel also - this section I have braced to the rear bulkhead.

Thanks in advance

#2 Dobey

Dobey

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:28 AM

Best to share some pictures of what you have left..

#3 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,896 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

I’m in need of a little guidance please. Having scoured the forum I’m unable to find the information I’m looking for - if I have missed it, sorry.

My wheelarch on the drivers side was damaged and very badly rotten as was the boot floor corner. I was unable to take measurements as there wasn’t anything complete.

I am relplacing the boot floor end panel along with the complete wheelarch. How best can this be done if I have no previous for reference? I have removed the 1/4 panel also - this section I have braced to the rear bulkhead.

Thanks in advance

Do you take a look at Project Paddy, plenty of pictures there to reference against.

#4 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,896 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:51 PM

Some measurements from the battery box to the shock tower and towards the rear of the arch.

So this picture is the measurement from the tower to the box

UEkKvU7.jpg

ERjWmFC.jpg

And this one is to the rear of the box to the arch.

jPUoBRV.jpg

The height of the arch will be dictated by the quarter panel as will the fwd and rear position. So you will need to trial fit everything together.

Once happy clamp or pin the arch to the the remainder of the boot floor and work from there.

#5 E1LDR

E1LDR

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

That’s brilliant, thanks sonikk. I will get into the garage over the next few days and trial fit everything and use your measurements as a guide.

I will post pics of what I have left also.

Has anyone else fitted a magnum complete arch before? If so, any tips? Does it align as it should with the other panels easily?

Edited by E1LDR, 20 August 2019 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users