Photo
- - - - -

Xpg234N - Does Anyone Here Now Own My First Car?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paul608085

Paul608085

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this forum, for one specific reason. I have recently become aware that the first car that I ever owned, (and passed my driving test in!), is still a registered vehicle with the DVLA. I am aware that this does not necessarily mean that it is still on the road , but I am intrigued to find out where and what is it doing now?

One thing that has become apparent is that the car is now registered with the DVLA as black - when I owned it, it was brown, which I believe was its original colour.

I owned the car from late 1982 until about late 1985 / early 1986, (my memory is a bit vague on the latter date).

I have been trying to find an old photograph from when I had the car, but unfortunately I lost a number of personal items during a house move many years ago and I fear they may among the lost items.

So, does anyone on here now own XPG234N? I am not trying to buy it back or anything like that, (if it is in good condition then I am sure that it is worth a lot more than the £600 I paid for it in 1982!), but I would be interested to know if it is still roadworthy, what part of the country is it in now, (I was living in SE London / Kent at the time), is it ever at car shows etc?

Hoping that someone comes back to me soon,

Best Regards.

#2 Gcal

Gcal

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

According to dvla records the tax was due on 1st April 1999 and no not results available

#3 Paul608085

Paul608085

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I also saw that about the tax being due in 1999, but as the car was first registered in 1974, (from distant memory), it would have been 25 years old in 1999. I thought that cars over 25 years old don't require a tax disc? Could that be the reason for no record since then?

#4 matt615

matt615

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

No results on MOT history checker, which means its not been MOT’d at least since the online records began (2005 ish I think)

It was almost certainly been scrapped years ago I’m afraid.

Edited by matt615, 10 September 2019 - 02:53 PM.

#5 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I also saw that about the tax being due in 1999, but as the car was first registered in 1974, (from distant memory), it would have been 25 years old in 1999. I thought that cars over 25 years old don't require a tax disc? Could that be the reason for no record since then?

1973 would've meant it would be tax exempt however it would still have needed to be taxed (the tax would have been nil).

The rolling 40 year exemption means it would now be tax exempt and mot exempt (again, it would still need to be 'taxed' and the mot exemption only applies to a vehicle which hasnt been modified since 1985 (unsure if the 1985 cut off is rolling too))

#6 Paul608085

Paul608085

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

That's a shame.  :-(

Thanks for your replies and explanations though.

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users