6 replies to this topic

#1 Toran

Toran

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:16 PM

Hi, has anyone had experience with Bilsteins B4 shock absorbers, I think these are Bilsteins OE replacements?

It sounds like Bilstein is a good manufacturer, they are 'gas charged', and being a OE replacement I presume they aren't too stiff for standard road driving. They're a fair price as well, but I have never heard anyone talking about them.

Thanks

Link:

http://www.minispare...~absorbers.aspx

#2 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:38 PM

Bilstein is a respected manufacturer.

#3 luismx123

luismx123

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:14 PM

Hi, has anyone had experience with Bilsteins B4 shock absorbers, I think these are Bilsteins OE replacements?

It sounds like Bilstein is a good manufacturer, they are 'gas charged', and being a OE replacement I presume they aren't too stiff for standard road driving. They're a fair price as well, but I have never heard anyone talking about them.

Thanks

Link:

I had the "performance" yellow bilstein dampers in mine before swapping to GAZ. Worked really well to be honest. Not sure how they are compared to those black ones but yea...Still have them lieing around if youre interested in getting some?

#4 Toran

Toran

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:21 PM

Thanks

Link:

I had the "performance" yellow bilstein dampers in mine before swapping to GAZ. Worked really well to be honest. Not sure how they are compared to those black ones but yea...Still have them lieing around if youre interested in getting some?

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go with the Bilstein B4 Dampers as I'm aiming to keep the suspension feeling original. I do appreciate the offer though.

I'll report back once the mini is back on the road in case anyone else has the same question.

#5 ADRay

ADRay

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:01 PM

I’ve been running these this year. much improved over the old ones, but I still need to replace the cones.

#6 Mini_Mind

Mini_Mind

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

Thanks

Link:

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll go with the Bilstein B4 Dampers as I'm aiming to keep the suspension feeling original. I do appreciate the offer though.

I'll report back once the mini is back on the road in case anyone else has the same question.

did you fit the Bilstein B4??

I need to replace dampers as well and was looking into fitting them as well. Do you like them so far? how is the handling??

#7 Toran

Toran

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:22 PM

Thanks

Link:

did you fit the Bilstein B4??

I need to replace dampers as well and was looking into fitting them as well. Do you like them so far? how is the handling??

Sorry I haven't actually fit them yet therefore can't comment on handing at the moment, however I do still have them ready to be fitted.

I can say they do seem good quality. The upper protective tube that covers the piston rod is made out of plastic, so doesn't look quite as premium but does mean it won't rust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users