#1 Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hi

After putting in what I think was a good showing at the Brighton Speed Trials last Saturday (6th place in field of 56 in the handicapped road going class)  - on Sunday 22nd its the Firle Hill Climb /revival - here in "sunny" sussex

https://www.bopeepdriversclub.co.uk

weather looks to be good and its won't cost a kidney like the Goodwood Revival.

I am entered and will be showing off in my mini,  and its a chance to play dress up if you want to as well as the revival vibe is there to be entered in if you want. A lot dress according to their car - there will be literally every l sorts of classic car from the 1920's to 1980's  as you would expect ..... inc a 1930  28 litre rolls royce phantom   with a hurrcane fighter engine (oh and my mini too !) 

For the hipsters theres a trendy mobile bar - a band - the car park is like a classic car show and there will be 80 cars doing the hill climb.

Lovely you tube coverage of previous years events and the story of Bo Peep Lane hill climb 

its all for charidy..... and great fun - 

#2 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:06 AM

Sounds great. I would have liked to have come but I am supposed to be doing an autosolo that day.

Well done I saw your result!

#3 Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

Admittedly its a handicap result .. but them the rules ..... I don't make em .....and Im taking it.

I made a right mess  up of the practice run -  went 1st to 4th - then third then reverse - then second - then reverse  (my  reverse light came on  half way down the course - thank goodness I didn't engage gears else I would have exploded my gearbox !!!)

So I took it  very gently on the timed run - I tuned into classic fm on the start line  - did some mindfulness - and my raw time was 17s - not amazing compared  to other cars competing ..... , but not slow  for a road car that idles at 750rpm and me being captain slow me  I am hoping for sub 17s next time out. Might put in a RWYB just to get some practice as the x2 runs a year are a steep learning and its hard not the get the "red mist" off the line.

Mini World are going to mention it in the news section of the Nov issue and use a photo taken on the day by a local photographer.  -

(Yes - I am a media junkie)   

Best and thanks for the encouraging comment - shame you can't make Bo Peep - forecast is good for weather and that 28ltr rolls will be there 

Matt

Edited by Matt Brighton, 15 September 2019 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users