#16 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,765 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:46 AM

But how will you overcome the fact that many people think their car size/safety/value/age and brand directly relates to their wealth/status and how others see them, rather than its practicality or carbon footprint?

Example: Range Rovers, Audi Q8 SUV's etc commonly being used by parents for the local school run in congested cities like London when a small hatchback would do the job......

#17 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:11 PM

People have to make sacrifices we're told.  Wouldn't this sort of thing be sensible?  Better than millions of houses going under the sea I'd think.

This isn't my view by the way, I just like small cars.  If we're do as we're told we must regarding the climate then at some point questions around 'what people want' will have to be answered with, 'tough, you can't'.  That's when it'll get interesting to say the least.

#18 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,765 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:32 PM

People have to make sacrifices we're told.  Wouldn't this sort of thing be sensible?  Better than millions of houses going under the sea I'd think.

This isn't my view by the way, I just like small cars.  If we're do as we're told we must regarding the climate then at some point questions around 'what people want' will have to be answered with, 'tough, you can't'.  That's when it'll get interesting to say the least.

Not to mention the push for growth in air travel.......

7oq7Z5Y.png

"As little as 3 percent of the global population flew in 2017, and at most, only about 18 percent have ever done so. But things are changing.

According to International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) estimates, there were 3.7 billion global air passengers in 2016 — and every year since 2009 has been a new record-breaker.

By 2035, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) predicts a rise to 7.2 billion. Like the planes themselves, the numbers just keep going up. And given the damage flying does to the planet, that is food for thought."

https://www.dw.com/e...avel/a-42090155

#19 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:52 PM

Ways to reduce your CO2 emissions - stop breathing. 

#20 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,013 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Ways to reduce your CO2 emissions - stop breathing. 

Or should that be 'stop breeding'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users