#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

"Designed by Alec Issigonis and launched to the world in August 1959, the Mini, in all its various forms, went on to become the most successful British car of all time. At the start of every day at the 2019 Revival, we'll be celebrating this engineering masterpiece, with more than 100 cars out on track at the same time. If you're a Mini lover, it's a sight that'll blow you away..."

https://www.goodwood...odwood-revival/

We commemorated the 50th anniversary of the iconic mini with a stunning parade of the classic vehicle to start the 2019 Goodwood Revival

Incredible Mini Marcos on‑board:-
https://www.goodwood...arcos-on-board/

Edited by mab01uk, 16 September 2019 - 06:19 PM.

#2 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:15 PM

Why do I live so far away.. love to go to the revival racing..

#3 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:53 PM

This is just my point of view, but I thought the timing of the parade was pathetic, so early in the morning that hardly anybody was there, no mini only race, and yes I know there was one at the members meeting,I go to the revival every year and for my money it's loosing it's way. The organisers could of cancelled the stupid settrington cup rubbish and put the parade on at mid day when the place was full, the area where the minis were parked up was busy all day, they were really popular.
Rant over

Shooter

And another thing, the air shows seem to have stopped, and who doesn't love the sound of a merlin/Griffon or the sight of a sptifire etc

#4 Dannyboolahlah

Dannyboolahlah

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

I thought it was pretty busy early on.
And they also did an airshow first thing with Mustangs and last thing with a Spitfire.

#5 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:33 PM

I thought it was pretty busy early on.
And they also did an airshow first thing with Mustangs and last thing with a Spitfire.

Yup I know but a few years ago you got 3 air shows a day of multiple aircraft, and if you've been going a long time, the sight of Ray Hanna flying down the start finish straight at/below the grandstand height. I know it's about motorsport but 27 ltr v12 engines, what's not to love.

Shooter

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

I think all airshows have been much more restricted since the big accident at the Shoreham airshow in 2015.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users