#1 NuFab

NuFab

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm getting towards the end of the bodywork phase of my mk1 restoration... It's an 850, but I'm looking to add a few touches to it to make it a bit nicer to use. One of the things I'm thinking about is a boot board, which the car did not originally have.

I've found the brackets I need so I know what to buy, but how do they attach to the car? I've had a look online and they seem to be screwed or rivitted on rather than welded - is this correct? I'd probably prefer to weld them on, but I guess they dont have to be that strongly fixed and rivetting would mean they could be fitted after paint.

Thanks,

Chris

#2 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:24 PM

They were riveted on up to early 1968, my very original December 1967 Cooper is riveted which causes the odd " that`s not a real Cooper " on occasion but with all its history and body numbers still present and the fact that the original owners are still around to prove it`s 100% genuine I just smile.

Page 21 and 22 in Parnells book  clearly show the brackets are attached by rivets including the early mk2 on page 59 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users