4 replies to this topic

#1 bangermadness08

bangermadness08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

Gonna sound silly but having rebuilt the car the doors match up but you really have to slam the doors for them to close!! It has new seals fitted so maybe that's the case but would greasing the internal lock help any other experience like this from others?

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:44 PM

Hi
Have you got the catches on the B pillar adjusted correctly. If you leave the doors closed for a few days the rubbers settle to the new shape they are in and gradually acclimatise.

#3 bangermadness08

bangermadness08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:11 AM

Hi
Have you got the catches on the B pillar adjusted correctly. If you leave the doors closed for a few days the rubbers settle to the new shape they are in and gradually acclimatise.

Hi mate,
I didn't know they had to be adjusted!? I thought youd just screw them back in.
How do you adjust the brackets

#4 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,897 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

The new seals will be the issue and will take sometime to settle. Yes you can adjust the B post latch but you may find the door will then stick out slightly at the back.

Another option is to use a block of wood and hammer and gently move over the lip around the door cutout, but before you do that you need to see exactly where the seal is making the most contact.A little bit of vaseline or similar can be smeared over the seal and then see where it makes contact.

#5 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

Hi

Hi mate,
I didn't know they had to be adjusted! I thought youd just screw them back in.
How do you adjust the brackets

Loosen the screws on the plate and they move side to side and up and down a small amount. Unscrew them just enough to be able to move them, get down to the level of the catch on the door and line them up and you will get there in the end. I'd leave them closed for a couple of days first to compress the seal. When done make sure you have a nice even gap around the door rubber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users