• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:46 PM

For those interested in classic rally cars, this year's Lombard Bath Rally, a non-competitive (oh, yeah) run, will be taking place on the 18th, 19th and 20th Oct, starting in Bath and going to South Wales.

Full details including a start list are available on the Lombard Bath 2019 web site (Google it).

There are quite a few Minis doing this and a 1964 Cooper 'S' (mine) is starting at No.2 out of the 120 starters.

See you there?

#2 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:32 AM

I may well come for a gander.

#3 Cooperman

Cooperman

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

Make sure you come and say hello. I'm doing it with my best friend Bill who is flying over from Arizona especially to do this with me. He will drive in the morning and I'll drive in the afternoon.

It was fun last year, but this year should be even better. The first test in the morning will be at Cirencester. I think we will be able to catch the A-H Sprite Mk.1 which is running in front of us! 

I have been servicing the car yesterday and today.

#4 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

Make sure you come and say hello. I'm doing it with my best friend Bill who is flying over from Arizona especially to do this with me. He will drive in the morning and I'll drive in the afternoon.

It was fun last year, but this year should be even better. The first test in the morning will be at Cirencester. I think we will be able to catch the A-H Sprite Mk.1 which is running in front of us!

I have been servicing the car yesterday and today.

Good luck tomorrow Peter.

Sadly can’t make it due to work commitments.

#5 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

So how did you and Bill get on Cooperman?

#6 Cooperman

Cooperman

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:50 PM

It was great fun and Bill said it was well worth the air fare from Arizona. We did our first rally together just 60 years ago and have always had a lot of fun.
We had an electrical issue when e lost indicators, tacho, voltmeter and fuel gauge and the ign warning light came on. I fitted a new 35 amo master fuse, but that blew. In the end I removed each output connection on that fuse until I found one which didn't make fuse blow. It turned out to be the fuel gauge, so we simply continued without one.

All-in-all a really fun event and good to meet so many old friends.

#7 Cooperman

Cooperman

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:51 PM

It was great fun and Bill said it was well worth the air fare from Arizona. We did our first rally together just 60 years ago and have always had a lot of fun.
We had an electrical issue when e lost indicators, tacho, voltmeter and fuel gauge and the ign warning light came on. I fitted a new 35 amo master fuse, but that blew. In the end I removed each output connection on that fuse until I found one which didn't make fuse blow. It turned out to be the fuel gauge, so we simply continued without one.

#8 CooperKid

CooperKid

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

I told Cooperman I would post these ages ago...whoops!

Anyway, a few snaps I have found from the event. I did not take these as I couldn't make it back for the event :( 

Attached Files

#9 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:48 PM

Looks awesome

#10 Cooperman

Cooperman

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:24 PM

The spectators were a bit of a problem and there was a distinct lack of spectator control. I think the organiser underestimated the level of interest.

However, it was just great fun to be out in the Mini with my old friend and the first driver with whom I had any rally success.

As he now lives in the USA I don't get to see him as often as he and I would like, but we are hoping our next event together will be in his 1965 Sunbeam Tiger next March in Arizona on the Copperstate 1000 road rally. That's if we get an entry as it is always oversubscribed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users