#46 max4790

max4790

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G.

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:19 PM

Looking well smart there! Cant wait to see her at the meets!!

#47 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: IMOG

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:57 PM

cant wait to see it at the meets!!! Looking well smart

Cheers Steve.

#48 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:31 AM

Those Setrab coolers are superb quality. I see that Alchall has gone for one too. 

#49 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:22 PM

Those Setrab coolers are superb quality. I see that Alchall has gone for one too.

Yes, they are top notch, and a lot more efficient than the cheaper models, allowing me to go for a slightly small size. Going to make up a couple a brackets and mount it behind the front grill, pretty much the same as Alchall.

#50 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:10 AM

Yes, they are top notch, and a lot more efficient than the cheaper models, allowing me to go for a slightly small size. Going to make up a couple a brackets and mount it behind the front grill, pretty much the same as Alchall.

Too nice to be hidden away behind a grill....

yf1caev.jpg

#51 alchall

alchall

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:35 PM

This is how I am mounting mine, I'm plumbing it in via a oil stat which is part of a take off sandwich plate at the oil filter.

mini-1086.jpeg

I'm using banjo connectors to save space, Setrab sell these but they are expensive, I got mine from Torques for half the price

#52 dougie1142

dougie1142

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G

Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:20 PM

Such a mega thing, the noise must be incredible!

#53 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:23 PM

This is how I am mounting mine, I'm plumbing it in via a oil stat which is part of a take off sandwich plate at the oil filter.

mini-1086.jpeg

I'm using banjo connectors to save space, Setrab sell these but they are expensive, I got mine from Torques for half the price

I see you have turned your oil stat round, I take it there wasn't enough room to have the fittings facing forward. I got my cooler and Mocal stat from Merlinmotorsport, and some of my fittings from Torques as well, a fair bit cheaper, just hope they are reliable.

#54 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:26 PM

Hope so Dougie, with the engine and straight cut drops, I think I might need ear plugs for long trips, or maybe still, just turn the stereo up, lol.

Edited by 72hump, 30 April 2020 - 07:30 PM.

#55 alchall

alchall

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:41 AM

mini-1086.jpeg

I see you have turned your oil stat round, I take it there wasn't enough room to have the fittings facing forward. I got my cooler and Mocal stat from Merlinmotorsport, and some of my fittings from Torques as well, a fair bit cheaper, just hope they are reliable.

My stat is also from Merlin but it's a Setrab, it was a little more expensive, I have no logic for choosing it over the Mocal! it actually would only fit that way around but actually for routing of the hoses it would have had to anyway, if it could have fit at a different angle it might have worked if I'd gone with AN8 hose but the AN10 hoses I have used are quite bulky.

The Torques parts do seem to be good quality and seem to have very good reviews, time will tell I guess....

#56 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

Hope so Dougie, with the engine and straight cut drops, I think I might need ear plugs for long trips, or maybe still, just turn the stereo up, lol.

I often drive with no music and just enjoy the engine noise  

#57 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

Hi guys it's been a while since my last update, between work, and finishing of the house which is coming to the end I have found a little time to tidy up the garage and do some little jobs.
Today, I got out to garage and started to strip the underseal of the fuel lines, which some numpty thought was a good idea. Very time consuming, so I've only managed to strip the supply/return line, and the short lines from the fuel filter. Will get the breather line done in the next few days, then get them all sprayed.
Hopefully by the end of the week I will get the chassis of the trolley and onto the axle stands so I can get underneath and get the fuel lines, brake pipe, and steering rack on.

#58 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

Well today I took advantage of the good weather and sprayed the fuel pipes and steering rack. Once they've hardened I will get them on the car early next week, this will allow me to crack on with subframes. Ordered some brake pipe/fittings, etc from Minispares, so will get that onto the car as well.

#59 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:04 PM

It's been a few weeks since my last update, finally got round to fitting the steering rack in place. Ordered new Cupra Nickel brake pipe as the old ones were looking a bit mingin. As I cut of all the tabs on the underneath of the car, as they are corrosion traps, the pipe was attached using stainless steel rivnuts and P clips, far more secure. The fuel lines went on OK, just cleaned up all the plastic clips with Jizer.
Started on the rear subframe, I've had this sitting in the car for ages, I got this from one of the guys in IMOG, it was in need of attention. The old paint/underseal was stripped of, the metal was checked out, and rust cleaned up. It was given a good couple of coats of etch primer, then three coats of 2K black.
This afternoon I took a tap and die to clean out all the threads, and put on the red DSN trunnions, will hopefully get this onto the car by the weekend, this will free up some space in the garage.

#60 jamesquintin

jamesquintin

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:06 AM

You need some of these:

https://www.ebay.co....tm/153920980350

?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users