Open both so the limiter valve doesn't kick on

#17 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:34 PM

One at a time with one of those kits, but both together if using a decent pressure bleeder.

I don’t understand the comments of the pressure eezibleed being messy - never had an issue, just use decent lengths of pipe into milk bottles. I keep them third full so there’s enough weight in them they don’t get pushed over by the pipes.

#18 jaysmini1983

jaysmini1983

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Mini's

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

One at a time with one of those kits, but both together if using a decent pressure bleeder.

I don’t understand the comments of the pressure eezibleed being messy - never had an issue, just use decent lengths of pipe into milk bottles. I keep them third full so there’s enough weight in them they don’t get pushed over by the pipes.

Makes sense, I have only done it the old fashioned way or with the kit i previously mentioned Due to missus refusing to sit on the floor pumping the brakes a when i was rebuilding mine!

#19 expat_cat

expat_cat

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Agree with GraemeC, I find the eezibleed by far the best way, and not at all messy.  One thing to make life easier; after use the fluid in the master reservoir can be too high, so get a 25-30ml syringe to remove if afterwards.

Don't like the vavuum based ones, too much risk of pulling air in round the bleed nipple and you seem to never get to the end of the job....

This vizibleed type things have been around for donkeys years, but used to be just a thick walled tube to act as the non-return.

In fact, if ever stuck you can make one yourself, assuming you have a length of flexible/soft tube.  Block one end of the tube (bung, clamp, tie a knot) and just above that use a razor blade, sharp modeling knife or scalpel to make a lengthwise cut of about 1cm through to the hollow tube centre.  Other end of course onto the bleed nipple

Make sure the cut is below the level of some fluid in the capture vessel, and there you have a crude but usually effective non-return bleed device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users