#1 chilly

chilly

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:01 PM

Hello all,

Just purchased my first 1992 Mini SPI after wanting one for years. Finally the "right" one became available and the wallet came out. Wife still not impressed as she wasn't consulted but I don't care :P 

I'll have many questions coming up as I have plans to fully service the engine and gearbox this winter. I'm based in Whitley Bay in the North East of England and I've already seen a few clubs on social media etc.

Pic attached.

Speak soon,

Chilly

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:56 AM

Welcome,

Just hand her the Minispares,Moss & Machine Mart catalogues and explain how she'll no longer have to struggle over what to get you for Xmas! That'll bring her round.

#3 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

Don't listen to Ethel!  When I bought mine I did consult and I was still told I wasn't having any presents at all for two years.  She didn't buy me anything either.  Totally worth it though.  I bought a long-term project a few years ago when I didn't have time to work on it, but I'm hoping to get it on the road next year if all goes to plan....

I'm not far from you, near Durham, the local Clubs are pretty good I think, though if you want to go on drives out there's a few that seem to have more Binis that Minis on their adventures, which I'm not really a fan of.  There's always lots of shows and stuff around, particularly if you broaden your horizon to all classic cars.

#4 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

I made the mistake of buying my darling little viper a Newton Commercial interior trim set for the GT and have found that despite the relatively hot summer their has been no sign of any sort of a thaw at all! I think it was the "you lucky girl I've been wanting one of those" that did for me!

#5 sid trunley

sid trunley

Learner Driver

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

i bought my mini the wife as never been in it since the wheel came off of a a morris 1000 we had

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users