#1 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if the CV joints sold by Minispares and Minisport were identical? I see they have the same part number, but are they the same part, supplied by the same supplier?

Regards,

Vinay

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

part number means nothing.

#3 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

We've (Minispares) tried various suppliers and the ones we stock now are by far the best, made in the EU and supplied to most of the Mini7 grid without issue.

#4 cp2708

cp2708

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

I fitted one from Minisport a while back and one from my local parts shop in an emergency, I seem to recall there was an issue with the gaiter on the Minisport one, can't quite remember what exactly. I ended up using the original gaiter, Both have been on now for about 4-5 years with no issues. 

#5 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,929 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

If it's for Disc Brakes, these are the best you'll get;-

https://www.minispar...|Back to search

#6 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

We've (Minispares) tried various suppliers and the ones we stock now are by far the best, made in the EU and supplied to most of the Mini7 grid without issue.

From the link

beware of inferior joints on the market with poor threads or the type with yellowish nuts.

I think someone needs to remove the photo with the yellowish nuts. ...

#7 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

From the link

beware of inferior joints on the market with poor threads or the type with yellowish nuts.

I think someone needs to remove the photo with the yellowish nuts. …

Good spot, that pic is years old, I'll get it changed.

#8 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

I've recently used joints from minisport and had no problems at all. The first six months of my 18 month restoration I only used Minispares but found their customer service particularly with regard to their email service as non existent never ever had a reply from them which is galling when they give you an email address to send to, whereas Minisport are on the ball and reply very quickly and a very good technical helpline and much quicker despatch. I only ever use Minispares when Minisport don't stock the part I require.

#9 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,894 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

I've recently used joints from minisport and had no problems at all. The first six months of my 18 month restoration I only used Minispares but found their customer service particularly with regard to their email service as non existent never ever had a reply from them which is galling when they give you an email address to send to, whereas Minisport are on the ball and reply very quickly and a very good technical helpline and much quicker despatch. I only ever use Minispares when Minisport don't stock the part I require.

Odd, as the rest of the UK does the opposite due to the poor quality of parts, engineering quality and advice. I will only ever use minisport if they have NOS on sale.

#10 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

IMHO MiniSport should be avoided at all cost. MiniSpares are the only people I trust to buy parts from.

#11 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,929 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

From my experience, that's unusual not just in that you got a poor response from Mini Spares, but you find that other lot 'good'. I've found Mini Sport shocking to the point where in my books, they no longer exist.

I've always found the service at Mini Spares very good and many could take a leaf from them in this regards.  

#12 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:05 AM

Thanks everyone. Emailed Minisport yesterday morning and got confirmation today that they are not the same part as Minispares. Unfortunately, none of the local Mini parts suppliers seem to stock Minispares CV joints and I'd rather fit the best available stuff to the car. Now to find out if anyone I know is placing a Minispares order and whether they can add a single CV joint for me :P 

#13 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

I bought some top quality items from Japan Classic mini japan

#14 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

Huddersfield minispares have cv joints that are very good, I purchased a 7.5 disc conversion and never had an issue

#15 HardySpicer

HardySpicer

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:07 AM

I saw a pile of Borg & Beck CV joints at the IMM. But can't remember who's stand they were on!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users