Tumbleweed-Connection

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:31 PM

Hi all,

Duplicating from the ICE section, as in retrospect I might get a better response here, so hopefully I don't get into trouble from the admins...

What with A-Series Spares going under and me losing the money for the central locking kit I ordered (a year and a half of waiting and false promises!), I'm trying to find an unfitted kit which I might be able to purchase from someone as an alternative. I've heard mixed reviews as to the quality of these parts, but what did interest me is the neat way that they secured with the locking mechanism, which looked more sophisticated than the general kits which attach to the door latch.

So, while I try and hunt down a kit from someone (and if you have one, please do get in touch), I had two questions:

1) How does the Rover alarm interface (what MiniSpares sell as MSSK2004) hook up to their control box?

2) As my car is an MPi and has side impact bars, what is required to avoid these when attaching the securing screw for the puller piece just below the door lock itself? Rob from A-Series did mention that there was some extra bracketry that they would include for an MPi, but naturally, I never got to see what these looked like. For reference - this location https://tinyurl.com/y5l3hrn5

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jacob

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

1) extra pin on the 5as unit.

2) it sounds odd. I installed the minispares kit and it was straight forward and works great.

#3 Tumbleweed-Connection

Tumbleweed-Connection

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, I just quite liked the way that the A-Series kit interfaced with the door locks, even if the wiring was nothing fancy. The way the more common kits like those available from MiniSpares do their thing seems like they could become weak over time where they attach to the latch with a very small screw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users