projectjordan

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Traders
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Local Club: southwalesminis

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:20 PM

Hi

I'm about to paint a Pick up (non-mini) in solvent basecoat in Mazda 28W (Radiant Ebony).

72843920_10157523712036878_4730068691633

The body has been fully primed in a High build primer, but it was a white/light grey primer as the original plan was to paint it white.

1. Would any of our resident painters recommend applying a black surfacer/wet on wet primer before applying the Basecoat?

and

2. Could I use Upol high build black primer as a wet on wet surfacer? It seems to say its suitable as a surfacer on the upol.com site, but not on the uk version edit: tho I now notice that they have different product numbers.

cheers

Ryan

Edited by projectjordan, 10 October 2019 - 08:29 PM.

#2 nick@dunsdale

nick@dunsdale

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

Normally i wouldnt bother colour building it, but i use waterbase paints which have great hiding power, most of the time..........lol

I tend to forget the poor opacity that solvent basecoat has, i would maybe just buy some straight black base coat and give it a coat of that

You have to be really on point spraying a sealer primer it has to end up ultra smooth to allow the base to sit nicely

Where as a prior coat of black basecoat would perhaps be easier to apply, really depends on you experience at the end of the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users