I bought the easysteer kit for an MPI to help a disabled driver. The kit is very good and the guys at easysteer great but I've had a few problems and need some expert advice.
The kit just won't work. So far I've -
* Bench tested it with a good battery and a power supply.
* Tested it in the car with the bench power supply, a fresh battery and the cars own power with the engine both on and off.
* Remade and tested all my own connections
* Checked all the wiring and the continuity and voltages are good except theres no output to the motor.
* Ran a fresh set of power feeds in the car (it takes a high amp direct feed and a low power feed for an internal relay off a switched circuit).
* All earths everywhere are fine.
* The ECU for the steering powers up and the relay inside it clicks on as should.
* Bench tested the motor and reversed polarity to check it runs both direction just as it should.
* Returned the kit for bench testing and they got it to work and sent me a video of the test. (were very nice and helpful)
* I replicated the bench test, made a video of it and sent it to easysteer and they said I did everything right but still it won't work.
It's based on a Corsa B/C system with an extra small control box and variable resistor. The steering column is a modified MPI column with the Corsa torque sensor / motor mount inserted connecting to the steering rack by universal joints. The quality of the parts is very good and I'm impressed with the kit.
We are at a loss and I really want to make the kit work, has anyone any ideas please?