#1 JeremyduP

JeremyduP

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:16 PM

In the 60s and 70s through to 1991 I owned two Cooper Ss and a unique Innocenti Bertone hatchback in Durban and wonder if they are still around.  If anyone has any information I would love to hear.  Private message preferred.

The first is a 1968 Mk I Austin Cooper S - light powder blue with white roof.  It had Australian style wind-down windows and was fitted with 'Rally' mag wheels as the time.  I sold it in 1971

The second is a 1968 Mk I Morris Cooper S - originally green with a white roof, but I decided to convert it to Mk II spec in 1972 and paint it Island blue with a OEW roof.  It also had Australian wind-down windows.  It had Cooper S 4 1/2 J wheels. It was fitted with twin Dellorto carburettors.  I sold it in 1991.

The third is a 1979 Innocenti 120 Bertone - red with blue interior.  Italian body on Mini subframes and 1275 engine.  Absolutely unique in South Africa.  I sold it in 1991.

See pictures below.

I miss them all and would love to hear if any are still around.

Jeremy

Attached Files

Edited by JeremyduP, 02 November 2019 - 12:43 PM.

#2 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

good luck on the search but I don't think you will have much luck Old mk1 Ss are far and few these days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users