My little mini was working beautifully until i nearly ran out of fuel, running on vapes to then fill up with the only petrol they had which was 98 E5, since then, when cold the mini starts fine, but there is no idle, as soon as i take my foot of the accelerator it cuts out, i can drive of but it's as if the accelerator cable has loosened off but it hasnt (checked), when pulling out the choke, nothing changes either. After driving or letting the engine run (with foot on the pedal) when i turn it off and back on it won't, the engine won't start again unless i wait 20 minutes then it starts up.
Problems troublshooting :
- Fuel is getting to the pump and out the pump (i can't confirm the debit), no inline filter though : could refilling a nearly empty tank lift up any crud that could be in there and block the pipe slightly, not allowing enough fuel to flow ?
- oil in the dash pot check
- electronic dizzy hasnt moved (it was stuck out in the rain for a couple days but this has never been a problem before)
- engine oil fine (hopfully not the signs of a seizing engine
- why would the engine suddenly loose it's nice idling at 1000rpm .............
- Battery ? but once started it shouldn't matter .....
Any help or ideas to check on would be great ?