3 replies to this topic

#1 Down under Luke

Down under Luke

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:23 AM

Hopefully it is me being daft and just missing the blindingly obvious but, I can not for the life of me work out how to secure the door handle to the inside, side of the door lock mechanism. I see that it has a hole running through the long stem that attaches to the handle itself but it has no threading and, evening after adding some so that i could try and secure it with a bolt its doesn't work. 

All that happens is the door handle can pull right out as it isn't secure in any way which isn't ideal.

This one has got me, just seems like a silly design. Please someone, please help.

#2 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

If your car has sliding windows then the handle is held in place by a self tapping screw and flat washer.

#3 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:39 AM

Yes theres 2 self tapping screws either side, and it is very fiddly, get a friend to hold the handle on and you have to put the screwdriver through the outer panel to screw them on.  the middle screw on the long stem holds the lock on.

Edited by beardylondon, 26 October 2019 - 08:42 AM.

#4 Down under Luke

Down under Luke

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

Thank you. I will give that a go. It's always the simple things that send you mad in the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users