6 replies to this topic

#1 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

revamping the cooling sytem/radiator on my car. have a front radiator set up. re-jiggling the hoses is a nightmare, however, I have resited the expansion tank to the inner wing and now due to the radiator that I have I need to fix the expansion hose to the top hose somehow. I know that I can buy an inline set up which includes a radiator cap/filler with a connector for the expanson tank but I do not have the room. I have heard that I can buy a fitting that just screws into the top hosefit fot this purpose but cannot for the life of me find one or find out its' name?

I can buy an in-line adapter suitable for a temperature/auxilary sensor but don't know if I could adapt it fit for purpose?

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

what is wrong with using the existing take off as that is the highest point of the system and that is where it should be taken,

#3 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:07 PM

what is wrong with using the existing take off as that is the highest point of the system and that is where it should be taken,

the existing take off was from my previous radiator alongside the rad main filler, my new alloy 40mm rad has no filler cap, just a top hose connector and a bottom one.

I did think about buying an in-line sensor adapter, which you just cut into the top hose as it has a threaded connector in it, this is an 1/8 NTP thread for the sensor , but then I would have to buy another fitment......ie 1/8 NTP male at on end and then with a 6-10mm barbed male at the other but all sounds too  complicated...just thought that someone has come across one of thses screw in self sealing adapters to make it a little easier.

#4 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

What sort of expansion tank?

I'm assuming if there's nothing on the rad it'll also be the filler and not an overflow tank. I'd expect  there to be a connection tee'd off the heater to bottom hose plumbing along with an air bleed that could be  taken care of with a Metro or MPI thermostat housing.

#5 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,899 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

best out of the thermostat housing

the existing take off was from my previous radiator alongside the rad main filler, my new alloy 40mm rad has no filler cap, just a top hose connector and a bottom one.

I did think about buying an in-line sensor adapter, which you just cut into the top hose as it has a threaded connector in it, this is an 1/8 NTP thread for the sensor , but then I would have to buy another fitment......ie 1/8 NTP male at on end and then with a 6-10mm barbed male at the other but all sounds too  complicated...just thought that someone has come across one of thses screw in self sealing adapters to make it a little easier.

yes see my thread last few pages. but you still need the bleed hose from the highest point.

#6 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,899 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

just to help

Kcxt3Cs.jpg

iTZKSTp.jpg

mx6HsGm.jpg

j5kJlWP.jpg

#7 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

just to help

Kcxt3Cs.jpg

iTZKSTp.jpg

mx6HsGm.jpg

j5kJlWP.jpg

Nice one mate....just what I were looking, you're a gentleman and a scholar, thank you xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users