7 replies to this topic

#1 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 05:38 PM

About 18 months ago my Mrs mini master cylinder started to go, ie pedal would slowly go to the floor with continuous pressure, minispares were out of stock so I ordered it from somewhere else, please note this was a so called genuine AP green tag job not a cheap copy. Well over the last few months I've noticed that I had to top up the brake fluid rather too much for the miles the car was doing, I did the normal checks, calipers dry, rear bake plate dry, all hoses and pipes dry hmmmm me thinks, so I take off the hose at the servo and brake fluid poured out, deep joy. To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement, if this wasn't a family forum this post would be full of #### etc. Not only is this extremely poor quality but bloody dangerous.some poor sod some where will have a serious accident due to shoddy vital parts and sue the butt off of the offenders perhaps then we shall see the end of these sub standard so called genuine parts these companies are getting made. Too many so called top end companies are now getting there parts made off shore as cheaply as possible, it's got to change

Shooter

#2 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:56 PM

There's been a recall on some Brake Master Cylinders

http://recall.920e.co.uk/

920e is the new name (effectively) of Caparo who took over the manufacturing of AP Cylinders

#3 Dr s

Dr s

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

That sounds like a servo problem to me? The master isn’t losing fluid? It’s just in the servo?

#4 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:08 PM

Fluid is leaking out of the cylinder into the servo,op says he is topping it up,Steve..

#5 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

That sounds like a servo problem to me? The master isn’t losing fluid? It’s just in the servo?

If a hose on the servo that doesn't normally have fluid in it I would of thought with my limited knowledge that a seal or fault in the servo is causing the leak into the hose!

#6 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

I may have left out an important piece of info, the car is a 1990 with the master cylinder attached to the servo, so yes it's the master cylinder leaking into the servo.

Shooter

#7 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:37 PM

There's been a recall on some Brake Master Cylinders

http://recall.920e.co.uk/

920e is the new name (effectively) of Caparo who took over the manufacturing of AP Cylinders

And this is the very sort of info that is making me think of going for a tilton/AP racing type vertical master cylinder with remote fluid tank for my mk1

Shooter

#8 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

Get a replacement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users