#1 faceman

faceman

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hello folks,

I have an odd request: I am looking to borrow a Mini for the next couple of weeks for a work project. I am a journalist with the Financial Times (you can look up my name: Sebastian Payne) and will be traveling around the country between now and December for the UK's impending general election to film a series of videos. 

I am looking to do so in a Mini, as I did in the 2015 election (in my own car) and in 2017 with a Morris Minor. This is what I did during the last election

I owned a lovely Mini Seven for three years and know my way around the cars well. I will obviously take full responsibility for the security, insurance and maintenance for the car. Ideally, a Rover Mini would be ideal. Please do let me know if you'd be able to help.

Thank you! 

#2 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

You could try these guys, they might rent you one:

https://smallcarbigcity.com

#3 Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

PM sent

#4 CMXCVIII

CMXCVIII

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:22 AM

I'm enough of a Politics junkie to have watched and enjoyed 'faceman's' [Mr Payne's] Mini Seven based interviews during the 2015 General Election.

Indeed I'm enough of a junkie to know that he's billed to appear on BBC2's Politics Live show at noon today!

It is quite tempting to offer the use of 'Tiddles' my 998 Mini for his campaign but there would have to be "political negotiations" behind the scenes ... Tiddles has points and a condenser and sealed beam headlights and hasn't left North London or covered any great mileage for the last 10 years.  I would no more bet on my car's reliability than on the outcome of this Election!

On the other hand, I was listening to this Parliament's last sitting yesterday afternoon, and anothetr MIni featured!

In her valedictory speech, Kate Hoey, Labour Leaver MP for Vauxhall and former Sports Minister said  

"One part of my life that will be very unhappy about me leaving is my wonderful, old, traditional, original Mini, because it literally knows its way from the House of Commons over Westminster bridge and back over Lambeth bridge. Some days I would do the journey perhaps two or three times, so my Mini will get a great rest when I leave, and it will not know what has hit it now that it will not be doing that journey."  {Hansard column 694].

Dear Sebastian, I can't recommend the reliability of my car, but a radical alternative might be to contact the Honourable Lady ... depending on what you've written about her in the past ;D

Jon

#5 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

Looks like she has a 40

https://images.app.g...d2X5QYukqNhZWB7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users