6 replies to this topic

#1 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

I maybe totally overthinking this but I want to fit a distributor shield onto my car. Fitted the bottom bracket fine but when I went to fit the 2 brackets onto rocker cover, they wouldn’t fit.
The rocker cover I have is an aftermarket one and has indentations where the bolts passed through. This is causing the brackets to foul.
I’m guessing they can be fitted to this type of cover? Is it a case of bending brackets more, fitting washers or any other way.

Attached Files

#2 1314cc

1314cc

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Local Club: tumbleweedminisbristol

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:14 PM

im guessing you dont really want to be spending more but this weather shield 333361276297 on eBay is a great alternative. I've used one for years without any issues.
Maybe bending the brackets may work but I guess things wont line up ? Maybe alter the rocker cover brackets then forget the lower one

#3 jaysmini1983

jaysmini1983

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Mini's

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

i run this but i dont use the lower bracket at all. just the top 2. 

Attached Files

#4 ChrisDowning

ChrisDowning

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

I’ve got the exact same issue with mine and was waiting to finish other jobs before I worried about it..

I too don’t want to mess with spacers etc for fear of ruining the compression seal on the rocker cover.

I’m probably going to see if I can add a section of bracket to the existing one with a rubber grommet drilled out to slide the winged rocker cover bolts that I have.

I guess as long as it doesn’t rattle and it’s solid that that’s all that matters.

#5 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

Mmmm, wonder if there's enough thread sitting proud on the head studs to rig something up to screw on and screw a cover to?

#6 ChrisDowning

ChrisDowning

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Mmmm, wonder if there's enough thread sitting proud on the head studs to rig something up to screw on and screw a cover to?

Doesn’t seem to be on mine. Thought of that already

#7 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Maybe just the extended one for mounting the ignition coil. S'pose it'd be excessive pulling your head off just to fit an extra one.  :wacko:

Before this topics slips in to the archives I guess somebody should say slipping a bracket under a cylinder head nut is a bad idea unless it's hardened steel like the intended washer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users