#1 mark205gti

mark205gti

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

Hi,

Could someone confirm which way around the (OA) adaptor for oil pressure gauge goes into the block? The threads are very similar (1/8" NPT vs BSP?)

And would you use a copper crush washer between the adaptor and the block and a fibre washer for the face of the pipe nut to push up against the adaptor and against the gauge end?

Cheers, image attached of the adaptor. Is it best to also vent out all the air in the tube so it is filled with oil (Clear nylon pipe).

Just got the new build running but oil pressure gauge didn't seem to get higher than 20psi :( there was also a concerning oil leak near the timing cover that's either a half moon or maybe head gasket. Definitely not coming from the new oil core/gallery plugs. So I need to check the oil leak and see where it's coming from, check the oil gauge pipe connections, and check the new shuttle oil pressure relief valve I put in (probably put back in my old one that I knew worked).

Attached Files

• Attached File  OA.png   92.36K   0 downloads

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,898 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

The tapered end goes into the block. The fiber washer goes on the little sticky out bit to make the seal with the flexy.

#3 mark205gti

mark205gti

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

Ahh thanks. I would have leaned to put the non-tapered end into the block. I wish minispares would update the image so the fibre washers on the right side ;)

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,898 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

but how would you use the o ring on the tapered end? and how would it fit to the flexy? looking at the pressure gauge fitting would have given you a clue.

#5 mark205gti

mark205gti

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:48 PM

Thanks you are differently correct. I had an older oil pressure gauge adaptor in there, which maybe the cooper s one was different. It isn't tapered on either side

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users