41 replies to this topic

#31 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

been to see my mate ste, and we have just been looking at it again.

with the injection, he was saying run 2 injectors as like the sp kit, why cant i run one of these??

click here

that could be mounted quite easily, and easier for a fuel rail...

edit

or this!!

click here

Edited by Avtovaz, 10 November 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#32 retired

retired

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:17 PM

Personally I'd go with Joe's earlier suggestion, just build the Speeduino for ignition first and worry about injection later.

Even on the TurboMinis forum most use the old HIF carb.

For the injector(s) sizing just bear in mind that any modern (8 port or more) engine will have a single injector per port, not just a single injector.

If you only have one injector for all four cylinders it has to be a larger flow capacity, which then leads to all sorts of problems over dead time etc.

It's down to duty cycle which you need to understand first.

Also, unless you want to pay a reasonable amount of money for high flow capacity injectors, most will be low-z.

Nowadays virtually all injectors are high-z.

The standard Speeduino only runs high-z.

Old skool low-z need a separate driver circuit.

I run low-z by choice for a whole variety of reasons but my MS-2 is built with the correct drivers to deal with them.

#33 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

i probably will do the carb first, easier, but just still looking into it. just saw this too

click here

I understand what you mean about the injector now, need 2 then!

#34 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:21 PM

Bringing this thread back up, i am at the point i need to decide what im doing with my car. Its going to look good but at the end of the day its not going to be concourse, its had a full roof on it, nearly every panel changed, ive not got the original engine, and its not like its a cooper [actually the roof is!]

So my plans to keep it original are kinda gone. I was thinking of turboing it, but i just cant be bothered.

Next plan is, 998, evo1 cam, 1275 head [only reason is ive a fully rebuilt one here] spi inlet, and speeduino ignition.

ive just been looking at this!

Its preasembled, comes with the plug and socket and the connectors. If you built one yourself, you have to sort out a plug/socket, and take the time to build it, so it works out no dearer to buy that one!

Has anyone used it?

I was thinking, dizzy will work ok with a carb, but they are all old, and a bit of a compromise, so this should make a smalle ngine drive very well for the price of rebuilding the dizzy and carb and electric points etc.

#35 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:44 PM

Bringing this thread back up, i am at the point i need to decide what im doing with my car. Its going to look good but at the end of the day its not going to be concourse, its had a full roof on it, nearly every panel changed, ive not got the original engine, and its not like its a cooper [actually the roof is!]

So my plans to keep it original are kinda gone. I was thinking of turboing it, but i just cant be bothered.

Next plan is, 998, evo1 cam, 1275 head [only reason is ive a fully rebuilt one here] spi inlet, and speeduino ignition.

ive just been looking at this!

Its preasembled, comes with the plug and socket and the connectors. If you built one yourself, you have to sort out a plug/socket, and take the time to build it, so it works out no dearer to buy that one!

Has anyone used it?

I was thinking, dizzy will work ok with a carb, but they are all old, and a bit of a compromise, so this should make a smalle ngine drive very well for the price of rebuilding the dizzy and carb and electric points etc.

Did you get anywhere with the Speeduino setup?  

#36 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 08:08 PM

no but from what i keep reading about them they are quite good. for the set up im planning on using now which is one single throttle body its ideal. will do t he ignition threw a dizzy and coil so it looks standard, not with the later wasted spark coil set ups.

i did buy a speeduino sea fox from xtronics in ameria they are really good to deal with.

Edited by Avtovaz, 11 January 2022 - 08:09 PM.

#37 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:54 PM

So you're doing the opposite of me, I'll only be doing the ignition for now. Keep us updated

#38 JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 13 December 2022 - 07:47 PM

Just came across this thread whilst searching for infomation on Speeduinos and Classic Minis.

I have a built up NO2C Speeduino on its way in the post, built up by a guy on Facebook DIY EFI.

XmZ3ITF.jpg

I have a wasted Spark Ignition Coil like this and the HT leads to match.

NAcp696.jpg

I will eventually be running a Supercharger so will be fitting a twin belt Crank Pulley with a 36:1 Trigger Wheel and VR Sensor, which I will use to provide the ECU with Crank Position information.

#39 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:20 PM

mine is on its way very soon onto my rover 100 1.8 conversion. i am trying to work out how to install some software on it now to recognise the flywheel but am struggling atm. 

it should be all wired in soon if it warms up a bit !

#40 JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 06 April 2023 - 08:57 AM

mine is on its way very soon onto my rover 100 1.8 conversion. i am trying to work out how to install some software on it now to recognise the flywheel but am struggling atm. 

it should be all wired in soon if it warms up a bit !

How are you getting on?

I have finally my engine in (after over three years), electronic fuel pump mounted on the rear Subframe and today (depending on the missus :-) ), I'll be starting to sort out the electrics.

I have drawn up a wiring diagram based on a diagram I found on the Speedunio site, IIRC.

Crank Pulley and a VR Sensor fitted. 

HIF44 for fuel, Speeduino wasted spark for ignition. MAP sensor in the carb manifold (not yet but will be), O2 Wideband sensor to be mounted in the exhaust manifold.

#41 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:32 PM

oh right that sounds good! 

Im not much further, its not right, mine as i said? cant remember is a k series with the speeduino on the wasted spark ford coils. Guy on the speeduino forum did a crank signal patten for my flywheel, its like 6-2-7-1 insttead of like the normal 60-2 or what ever. Anyway its doing 2 revolutions then loosing sync. Im on it tomorrow hopefully, really want to get it to run. I dont think its the ecus fault but the crank sensor or something ive done.

#42 Spence1891

Spence1891

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: NE mini club

Posted 21 March 2024 - 03:13 PM

Hi JonnyAlpha

I am looking into the no2c Speeduino to run a turbo build.

Have you come across any issues with this ECU setup or do you have any information for someone just getting started?

Edited by Spence1891, 21 March 2024 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users