2 replies to this topic

#1 wreckitralph

wreckitralph

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:23 PM

so my new floor arrived today and they have sent an mpi ? floor not an issue really  as i used a later bulkhead as well

i rang th guy at bulmotif to check if it was right  as ime an honest sort of a guy and would have paid any diffrence [wasnt any extra] as it goes   he said the later spec floors are stronger than the  80s versions   the only thing i see different is two ribs that run into the passenger side front floor pressing wouldnt thing this would make a huge diff overall

Attached Files

Edited by wreckitralph, 07 November 2019 - 05:35 PM.

#2 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:03 PM

Yes the only floors that Heritage make are the SPI/MPI type that has different ribs to route many the fuel lines.

When it comes to fitting the only issue you’ll have is that the step on the LH rear that lines up with the toe board is wider on the MPI floor to make more room for fuel lines. It’s easy enough to cut and narrow down though and is quite obvious what needs doing once you fit up the toe board.

I think saying it’s stronger is probably a bit of a reach. Some of the ribs are deeper than an earlier floor but I doubt there’s any noticeable difference.

#3 wreckitralph

wreckitralph

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

that was my thinking to be honest but looks a good panel tbf and at 260 quid delivered  i would think it would be less drama to fit than half floors  any idea how you stand with fuel and brake lines run inside the car on a road car

Edited by wreckitralph, 07 November 2019 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users