New member here saying "hi"!
Just bought a 1991 998cc Mini Mayfair as a surprise 40th birthday present for my wife who has always wanted a "proper" Mini. It's been 20 years since I last drove a classic Mini, forgot how much fun they are! :)
Have a few "niggles" to sort out, the list at the moment includes:
- Wipers don't park themselves (new park switch bought, hoping it's not a wiring problem...)
- Rev counter doesn't work (previous owner fitted Accuspark electronic ignition and coil, wondering if he may have accidentally disconnected the rev counter?)
- Heater direction control is jammed (just created a new thread about this one as soon as the mods approve it!)
- Think the tracking is way out (steering wheel off centre by about 40 degrees and the indicators don't self cancel most of the time)
- Boot leaks, new seals needed
- No boot board, so spare wheel and battery just open to the boot (not very wife friendly!)
- Rear subframe seems very solid but heading towards getting crusty, needs a good wire brushing and undersealing
- Static 3 point seat belts going to be changed for inertia belts (statics are a pain for fitting a child seat)
So far that's about it but I'm sure there will be plenty more as I get to know the car. Looking forward to participating in the forum!