• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mayfair Sport

Mayfair Sport
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Just a brief intro about my mini history and why I joined the forum.

As little kids my brother and myself were taken to the kindergarten in a Mk II Cooper, that was in the early 70's.

After passing my driving test/license I tried to track down this car, but had no luck finding it.

Later on I purchased a 1985 Mini Mayfair Sport (presumably a German spec). I still own this one although it has been sitting in a garage for (too) many years. Just putting a 286SP in as well as 1.5 rockers and a stage 3 head on top of a low compression SPI 53hp engine and stuffing that into the car instead of the 1 litre maybe wasn't the most brilliant of ideas in these days, I never got the fuelling right. Although it was running very, very smoothly above 4k and _very_ quick! Plan is to get it on the road again next year.

A couple of years ago a 1983 HLE joined us. Very much standard except for a Maniflow twin box center exit exhaust, wooden steering wheel and 165/70 on 5*10s (made by ATS). An 80's time machine. And it perfectly served as our wedding car as well :-) "Very much standard" also means that it still sits on its original 35+ year old rubber :o So, new cones as a smallish winter project.

That's it for the moment, I believe. So: looking forward to e-meeting all of you.

Best regards!

#2 MaximMini

MaximMini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:06 AM

Hello,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your projects ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users