#16 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:21 PM

Wipe the seal at the head gasket and engine block maybe even blow some compressed air in there to get rid of excess. Then see how you go..

Pressure are all good I would say and similar so think your reading to much I to it..

Even try some wd-40 in there clear out the seal.
Would also consider removing the rocker cover and inspecting that for any leaks as their a lot easier than a head gasket..

Stay calm and learn some new sweary words at the car....

#17 jabos7

jabos7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:43 AM

2nd test this afternoon, still all good.  The oil/bubbles at the head/block seam haven't appeared since the first straight water flush.

Today I did a run up to temp and watched the gauge for good thermostat cycling, then an extended idle and some good revs interspersed.

I let everything totally cool --easy as it was only 43 F today--for a few hours before pulling the radiator cap.  -no poof!  I think we saved her, gang!

Quite the learning experience, and yes a lot of info from the norosion website that turned me off on those waterless products.  It still astonishes

me that the thicker propylene glycol and higher temps could cause 2 such distinctive reactions.  I'm just thrilled it doesn't appear I've done

any damage requiring a lot of back-tracking work.

I'll save the new sweary words for my MG and spring for something fun to reward the Mini...  chuffed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users