5 replies to this topic

#1 Lizmini

Lizmini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

Just started to restore / rebuild a mini , decided to go down the route of a rollover frame / rotisserie 

looking online at various sites and the cost i thought i would make one myself. Stage 1 

I work in the construction industry and we use key clamp all the time for barriers etc 

you can buy various dia and sizes with key connections that can be a tee or am elbow mid sections plus loads more 

Type in Key clamp in a search engine and you will find loads.

I have made adjustable A frames out of this with 48mm dia galv 3m long tube which is the same size as scaffolding, the idea i had was to make these reusable for any other future projects, so you can adjust the height if required by moving the flat bar into the holes drilled. The clamps have a allen key lock screw which clamps the tube so it make the frame ridged. You can adjust the clamp screws at the top so that it pivots to another height and re position the flat bar the re lock the screws/ bolts.

i will be adapting 2 mini R56 wheel hubs for the rotation device with some tube welded to the hub or some additional tube which passes thru the fittings with some holes drilled to allow rotation and then a bolt as a pin to hold the car in position dependant on the number of holes you drill.

You can put a dia bar straight thru the mini of make some h frame and connect to the mini at the engine sub frame and rear seat / parcel shelf.

this cost £85 for all the components with some left and took me less than 1 hour to cut and make no need for welding. 

Attached Files

#2 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

Looking good...

#3 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

I hope you have left enough height to rotate at least 40" to center of through pipe

#4 Lizmini

Lizmini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

I can adjust the height in 100mm at a time the height I can get is 1200 to windscreen so hopefully I should be able to fully rotate if required if I central the support rail , I have to put all new side panels sills door hinge plates both sides for starters , reason for the rollover is I am sandblasting the car so ther maybe more to repair.

#5 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

That's a really good looking rig.

#6 SolarB

SolarB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

Now extend the front/rear floor tubes and join them together.

Put a caster under each corner and you can move it around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)