Photo

Interior Light And Rear Fog Not Working

Best Answer HarveyT , 15 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

if I get a chance l will look where mine connects.should be a plug connector, it's not the one that sits on top of servo.
have you tested for power for rear fog light at the connections inside the boot near d/s brake light unit

Thanks mate appreciate it.

So I traced the wires from the light down to a connector that isn't attached to it's female end so that's why it isn't working. However, when I connect the two plugs the light still doesn't work and as soon as I insert my key into the ignition chamber, the alarm stays on a permanent solid red light and obviously when I turn the key the alarm goes off until I disconnect the wires. Any ideas what this would mean?

FIXED Interior light!!

Really weird but after playing around with this I disconnected the two plugs with my key in the ignition and now both the interior light and immobiliser seems to work fine.

Immobiliser was coming on automatically after a few seconds but after disabling the alarm via the key fob and starting the car, the immobiliser/alarm only engages on command of the key fob now. Not sure if this is right or wrong way for it to function but I don't need to wear a hard hat getting in the car without my glasses in the dark now so happy days. If anyone has any more info on if this is the correct way for the immobiliser/alarm to function, that would be great but all seems okay for now I'll mark as fixed now. I think the rear fog must be a bad earth or something and a seperate issue. Thanks for the help so far Hunterg30. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:38 PM

Hi everyone.

I have a 1995 spi 1275cc with standard 24 fuse box.

No matter what position my interior light switch is in it doesn't come on. I know this can be the door switches but it won't even come on if I have it on constant. It has no power off of my multimeter either and isn't the bulb. I can't find any inline fuses on under the scuttle, by the bonnet latch or under the dash/instruments and the 10 amp fuse is new.

The rear fog also has no power and it's not the bulb. The light doesn't come on the rocker switch either which I know can sometimes be a dodgey inline fuse connection but I can't find any.

Someone please help!! I can't see anything when I get in the car when it's dark haha

#2 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:27 AM

i take it your your alarm,radio memory,indicators and brake test light are working fuse no10 10amp, the plug connection for the rear wiring might not be pushed fully home or damaged,

the fog light is fuse no 24.  10amp, Check you have power at both sides of the fuses  with the fuse in place , also remove fuse and check the blades and fuse box for corrosion 

#3 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:12 AM

i take it your your alarm,radio memory,indicators and brake test light are working fuse no10 10amp, the plug connection for the rear wiring might not be pushed fully home or damaged,

the fog light is fuse no 24.  10amp, Check you have power at both sides of the fuses  with the fuse in place , also remove fuse and check the blades and fuse box for corrosion.

I have no radio, but my alarm, brake test light and indicators are all working. When you say rear wiring do you mean the connections on the back on the fuse box? Thanks for the advise I will try this and let you know

#4 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

To add, it's definitely worth using a smear of dielectric grease on all the fuse pins just to make sure all the contacts are good.

#5 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

I think the rear part of the loom plugs together, on the near side , either behind dash or near bulk head in engine compartment, check the wires that run in the foot well on near side aswell

#6 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

To add, it's definitely worth using a smear of dielectric grease on all the fuse pins just to make sure all the contacts are good.

Thanks mate I'll check this

#7 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

I think the rear part of the loom plugs together, on the near side , either behind dash or near bulk head in engine compartment, check the wires that run in the foot well on near side aswell

Is that what this box is? I was hoping it was a fuse box for the rear loom but can't get into the bloody thing, not enough fingers!!

#8 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

Sorry not sure if pic has attached I figured out it's the immobilizer unit

Edited by HarveyT, 14 November 2019 - 08:25 PM.

#9 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:34 PM

if I get a chance l will look where mine connects.should be a plug connector, it's not the one that sits on top of servo.

have you tested for power for rear fog light at the connections inside the boot near d/s brake light unit

Edited by hunterg30, 14 November 2019 - 11:37 PM.

#10 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

So I traced the wires from the light down to a connector that isn't attached to it's female end so that's why it isn't working. However, when I connect the two plugs the light still doesn't work and as soon as I insert my key into the ignition chamber, the alarm stays on a permanent solid red light and obviously when I turn the key the alarm goes off until I disconnect the wires. Any ideas what this would mean?

#11 HarveyT

HarveyT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:45 PM   Best Answer

FIXED Interior light!!

Really weird but after playing around with this I disconnected the two plugs with my key in the ignition and now both the interior light and immobiliser seems to work fine.

Immobiliser was coming on automatically after a few seconds but after disabling the alarm via the key fob and starting the car, the immobiliser/alarm only engages on command of the key fob now. Not sure if this is right or wrong way for it to function but I don't need to wear a hard hat getting in the car without my glasses in the dark now so happy days. If anyone has any more info on if this is the correct way for the immobiliser/alarm to function, that would be great but all seems okay for now I'll mark as fixed now. I think the rear fog must be a bad earth or something and a seperate issue. Thanks for the help so far Hunterg30.

Edited by HarveyT, 15 November 2019 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users