3 replies to this topic

#1 Bdshim

Bdshim

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

Hi all I've searched but no luck I will need a set of decals for my rsp project I'm thinking get these sooner than later if they are available still?
Thank you in advance ??

#2 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:57 PM

As far as i am aware they are the standard 1990-99 Cooper decals with the addition of John Cooper signature decals applied onto the bonnet stripes.

Do you need black or white decals?.... & do you want original decals or aftermarket copies?   -Genuine will cost a lot more but should last longer.

WHITE decal part numbers are-

DAE10119NMN Twin Coachlines (side stripes).

DAF10380NMN Cooper Laurel (sides & bootlid).

DAF10402/3NMN Bonnet Stripes.

DAF10385PMA John Cooper signatures.

For Black decals (with white signatures) just swop the colour codes over: NMN =Diamond White, & PMA =Black.

If you get White decals make sure that they are definitely NMN Diamond White as 1999on Cooper decals were Old English White.

Aftermarket white bonnet stripes with a black signature are available from Minisport & others.

#3 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:41 AM

Are you registered with the RSP Cooper Register? Roger Hunt, the registrar, tries to keep stocks of replicas of these items. Where he is running out or has run out I am helping him to source accurate replicas. The bonnet stripes for RSPs are different from any of the later versions. The RSP was the only Mini to have bonnet signatures as standard - they were options for later models.

I am not aware of any original stock being available. I have old sets of original stripes, signatures and laurels and also John Cooper S decals, which I have been using to create the artwork for exact copies. While several suppliers are offering replicas I personally do not think they are accurate enough. The aim is for the RSP register to have exact replicas as we RSP owners tend to be quite fussy.

Edited by minidizzy, 24 November 2019 - 12:41 AM.

#4 Bdshim

Bdshim

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

Thank you for the replys , I will have a look were you suggested and join the rsp register soon ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users