#1 Decsta

Decsta

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Hi Team

I know it's been asked a million times, but reading through all the forums, I still can't quite determine what the correct set up should be.

Engine - 1310, MED Head, Swiftune SW5 CAM, SC Gearbox.. running 90 ish at wheels..

Exhaust set up.. what should I be installing? I have a Maniflow bargain from this very forum fitted currently, but I also ran the same exhaust on my standard 998..!

Manifold first - should I be installing an LCB? Does Stainless make a difference? Road or race?

Exhaust itself, clearly noise isn't an issue - have twin box side exit mild steel Maniflow currently - would a Stainless single box be noticably different / worth the investment? 

Alternatively, any recent experiences with RCM? Worth it on a road car that I probably drive 5 times a year??

Thanks in advance,

Dec 

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM

All depends on the diameter of the tubes.

but on a big bore an LCB is preferable. 

exhaust sounds about right.

#3 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

Maniflow Stage 2 LCB?

#4 croc7

croc7

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:50 PM

I have the LCB / RCM on the car-like the sound and slight performance increase. 1360 with the usual improvements.

#5 ads7

ads7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

Maniflow is a great sounding exhaust, although I'm shortly about to remove the single box stainless 2" bore system complete with medium bore LCB which I won't want much money for - I need a maniflow freeflow manifold and smaller diameter system.

#6 andyapanel

andyapanel

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

I fitted a stainless Maniflow single box system to my RSP a few months ago. I also fitted a Cooper Freeflow in Stainless. I nearly bought the LCB, but reading Calver, it seemed better to fit the Freeflow. I bought the stainless version because I was fed up with the standard ones rotting out every few years. Anyway, it is a very good system and the car seems torquier than before. It all fitted together perfectly, thought the rear hanger arrangement is a bit odd IMO.

I have an RC40 in stainless on my 998, and it is a good system, but not quite as well made as Maniflow

If you have 50% more power than my car, I think the advice would be to go for the LCB, but read what Mr Calver has to say.

Don't forget to fit the correct diameter system.

Noise? I was warned by local mini man that the stainless manifold was noisy, but I have not noticed it; mind you, Minis do Noise and Rattles so well, if it was an Olympic event, I am sure they would win every time.

Fit Maniflow and enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users