#1 Tigermoth

Tigermoth

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

Hello,

I am new to this forum but have been maintaining a Mini Clubman for years.I am seeking some technical information regarding County pistons.

The car is a '76 Clubman 1100.I have just stripped the engine and had it bored to .040" oversize as it had very high mileage and was getting pretty smokey.It is the original engine from the factory.

I was supplied with a set of CP pistons (p/n CP109 040) but with no spec.Does anyone have any figures for side clearances with these pistons?I have a set of Goetze rings (p/nR36026 +040).

Any assistance would be much appreciated as the lack of info is holding up the reassembly.Thanks,Clive.

#2 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

Anyone worth their salt will have bored the block to suit the pistons.

#3 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,844 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:31 PM

Skirt to Bore Clearance with those is of the order of 0.0015 to 0.002", when measured 1/2" up from the bottom of the skirt at 900 to the Gugeon Pin.

#4 Tigermoth

Tigermoth

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

Thank you for both replies.I’ll check the figures I measured again light of those figures.I’m surprised that there seems no info online Regards these pistons?

#5 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:05 PM

Talk to Keith Calver, he supplies oversize pistons and knowledge of the 1098 engine. There's a blog on his website about tuning a 1098.

https://calverst.com...ning-potential/

#6 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,844 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

Talk to Keith Calver, he supplies oversize pistons and knowledge of the 1098 engine. There's a blog on his website about tuning a 1098.

Respectfully, the Piston to Bore Clearance is set by the Piston Manufacturer. The Pistons Tigermoth is enquiring about are County Brand and Calver doesn't sell these.

#7 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

Respectfully, the Piston to Bore Clearance is set by the Piston Manufacturer. The Pistons Tigermoth is enquiring about are County Brand and Calver doesn't sell these.

I meant my comment to be more about information about what the 1098 was capable of, not to say that KC could tell him what the clearance should be on his particular pistons. Sorry if it read incorrectly. I know that CB pistons are sold by Bullmotifminispares so maybe a call to Tony there might be a source of info.

#8 Tigermoth

Tigermoth

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for your comments.I wasn’t aware of Bullmotif so will certainly ask there.All help much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users