2 replies to this topic

#1 dotmatrix

dotmatrix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:50 AM

hello everyone. I have tried asking maniflow but they haven't responded to my question, so now I ask here to see if you know the answer.

The question is, I realize the length of the manifolds maniflow offer for weber carburetors are 2.75", 3.75", 5" and 6.75" from flange to flange.
but how much does the carburetor flange rise up in relation to the cylinderhead flang?
are the two flanges always parallel or are the weber carburetor flange at an angle?
specifically I am interested in knowing more about the 5" and 6.75" manifolds.

thanks

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,929 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

The surfaces are parallel.

the rise is generally the same over all versions as they need to clear the cross member and have clearance for the carb movement.

why do you need the info as that might be easier to give unless someone has one to measure.

mmm thinking on here there might be a slight difference in angle. Such a long time since I looked at one in detail.

Edited by nicklouse, 27 November 2019 - 06:09 PM.

#3 dotmatrix

dotmatrix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

The surfaces are parallel.

the rise is generally the same over all versions as they need to clear the cross member and have clearance for the carb movement.

why do you need the info as that might be easier to give unless someone has one to measure.

mmm thinking on here there might be a slight difference in angle. Such a long time since I looked at one in detail.

the reason I need this info is it is going in my metro and not a mini. the metro as you know has a very different bulkhead and I would think the 5" manifold will fit, but does the 7" fit with very short trumpets or without trumpets? if I have the measurements I can go measure if it will fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users