3 replies to this topic

#1 Bdshim

Bdshim

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:02 AM

I'm just wondering if it's a different red to the red available for minis as mine is not in the best shape it may clean up but if another is available for not to much money it may be a better option when I come to it (in about 3 years ?)
Thank you

#2 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

I didn't know the answer to this. I had thought that RSP carpets were unavailable but looking at the Newton Commercial catalogue and website it appears that the design was the same from 1973 to 1997. Their model number for saloons is CK962 in a range of colours.

Pages 36 and 37 of their catalogue features the RSP with a picture of the inside. They have a wide range of upholstery and trim items.

https://cdn.shopify....703660907827699

I am sure if you called them they could confirm if the red is an exact match or they might send you a sample.

A carpet set costs £244 including VAT.

#3 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

I bought the Newton carpet for mine and it was rather disappointing as the pile was wrong as well as the shade, way too bright a red.

Good used one every time from now on.

#4 Bdshim

Bdshim

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:28 AM

Thanks for the replys the chance of a second hand one is pretty remote I will have a proper look at the one I have but I think its past it unfortunately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users