#16 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:44 PM

Whistler,

Curious what your final thought and decision as I have a bp255 in my modded stage 3 mini with hif44/ LCB etc etc - focus was on low end torque as rare I am over 6500k - runs great!!

I have ordered the BP255 together with a stage 3 head from KC. The other option was the Graham Russell RE13OT but after talking to KC decided to go for the Piper which has more low down torque. Just waiting now.......................

Been balancing the pistons and rods this afternoon. Block should be back on Tuesday after having the deck skimmed down to 5 thou and new cam bearings.

Edited by whistler, 16 February 2020 - 03:45 PM.

#17 postve

postve

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:55 PM

Very nice and if it helps I ordered exact same from Keith - stage 3 and BP255 after two months of back and forth discussions as to my needs - Keith was very patient. ( I broke a stud so putting back in) I installed the 255 first then ordered the head - was not disappointed in the least and hit 85hp on my accelerometer and checking torque numbers as soon as it warms over here in Canada.

I don't have a reliable rolling road so interested in what numbers you get as our set up is likely exactly the same - I have 9.5 compression and can ramble off everything as required. Also interested in which Head you selected - CST2001?

#18 postve

postve

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:01 PM

My stats for my engine

Attached Files

Edited by postve, 16 February 2020 - 04:09 PM.

#19 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:08 PM

Very nice and if it helps I ordered exact same from Keith - stage 3 and BP255 after two months of back and forth discussions as to my needs - Keith was very patient. ( I broke a stud so putting back in) I installed the 255 first then ordered the head - was not disappointed in the least and hit 85hp on my accelerometer and checking torque numbers as soon as it warms over here in Canada.

I don't have a reliable rolling road so interested in what numbers you get as our set up is likely exactly the same - I have 9.5 compression and can ramble off everything as required. Also interested in which Head you selected - CST2001?

I ordered the CST2005 for small bore with +0.100" pistons. CR will be about 9.75. I assume yours is a 1275 engine. FD will be 3.44 in a Direct change remote box with Clubman set of straight cuts (modifidied case to receive later layshaft etc) as it's going into a 66 mk1 and want it to look right!

Hoping for mid 70's torque.

If anyone else has done one of these engines to a similar spec then I'd be interested in what needle you started with in a HIF44.

Edited by whistler, 16 February 2020 - 04:15 PM.

#20 postve

postve

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Yes, mine is now a 1293

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users