5 replies to this topic

#1 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:18 PM

I’ve seen and read it uses between 3-4 bottles of Raptor to do the underside but what amount of base coat have people used to tint it?

#2 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

Hi mate it’s craig who came and collected the mirror off you I use raptor at work all the time did you know you can buy it pre mixed to your ral colour then you just add the harder give it a shake and spray on I can pass you on the reps number if you want

#3 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:31 PM

Hi mate it’s craig who came and collected the mirror off you I use raptor at work all the time did you know you can buy it pre mixed to your ral colour then you just add the harder give it a shake and spray on I can pass you on the reps number if you want

I’ve already got the stuff mate just need to get base coat but cheers

#4 danny79

danny79

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:19 AM

from the TDS

For best results, use solvent based acrylic basecoat toners (ask your paint supplier to leave out the binders). NOTE: Acrylic basecoat toners tend to have high color strength so use sparingly (less than 10% tint by volume). RAPTOR is compatible with any urethane based color, including 2K acrylic solid color and mixed acrylic basecoats, and can be added up to 10% by volume. RAPTOR cannot be used with water based, polyester, or enamel paints.

#5 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:44 AM

So it's compatible with celly?

#6 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

from the TDS

For best results, use solvent based acrylic basecoat toners (ask your paint supplier to leave out the binders). NOTE: Acrylic basecoat toners tend to have high color strength so use sparingly (less than 10% tint by volume). RAPTOR is compatible with any urethane based color, including 2K acrylic solid color and mixed acrylic basecoats, and can be added up to 10% by volume. RAPTOR cannot be used with water based, polyester, or enamel paints.

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users