#76 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Hi Robbie,

i wouldn`t be satisfied with this work. According to blackbox solutions, the iac has to be greater than zero.You may read that in the attached doc.The IAC has to be at about 25 to 30  only then it can regulate rpm down if needed. In Germany you wouldn`t pass mot inspection because of high rpm. I have imported the log file to excel and you can see that rpm is mostly between 900 and 1000 rounds/min.As well throttle pot differs to throttle angle on some values.Idle switch is only activated when rpm is much higher than 1000rpm.

Try to lend an ecu from somebody in the local mini club just to see if values change.And ask the mechanic what he is thinking about the low IAC.

You may rename the logfile to.xls for excel and the blackboxsolutions to .doc for word before opening.I could not upload them with the origin extensions!

Attached Files

#77 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:19 PM

There is a tremendous amount of information in the Blackbox document. Is something similar available for MEMS 2J?

#78 Robbie693

Robbie693

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:03 AM

Thanks for the files.

Is it possible that the ECU can forget its base factory settings?  When the ECU was repaired it was tested and found to be fully functional but that may be just in terms of the connections and voltage readings are correct, maybe not the pre-programmed settings?

#79 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:21 AM

@tmsmini

info is nearly the same but have a look yourself:https://blackbox-sol...help/SM072.html

@Robbie

I`m not used to electronics but i can imagine.Thats why I said i fear they can not repair it. There are some firms especially in UK who test and repair ecu's.It is their profession.

Like i said before I would first check with a good working ecu..

#80 Robbie693

Robbie693

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

How does it effect the immobiliser circuit if swapping another ECU? 

Ours is the late one, Cooper with the alarm and immobiliser, would a replacement ECU need to be coded to work on our car and would we need the 5AS and fob too?

#81 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

Hi Robbie

i'm not used to this constellation.But from the threats here and in other forums it has to be coded.

#82 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

Sorry if this has already been covered but are the injection / throttle body gaskets ok? Just stripped and rebuilt mine and the injection body gasket fell to pieces when I took things apart - it was a brittle plastic. Possible air / vacuum leak?

#83 Robbie693

Robbie693

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

It did have a vac leak from there yes - found by the garage recently and it did fix the high revs issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

So it looks like I am on the lookout for a MNE101170 ECU...    :ohno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users