18 replies to this topic

#1 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

Hi chaps I’ve been Reinstalling the engine wiring loom and I noticed in the main connector for the engine loom it’s abit black like it’s been burning, it’s the one that the engine loom connects to from inside the car and is fitted to a bracket on the bulkhead, can this be changed easily
Any advice appreciated
Thank you

Also bit of topic but anyone know how much washer tubing I’ll need to get to the wash bottle in the boot ?‍♂️

Edited by leepol83, 04 January 2020 - 05:57 PM.

#2 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

What year and model of mini?

#3 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

Sorry it’s a 1997 rover Mini Cooper Sportspack mpi

#4 Kubbar

Kubbar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:55 AM

Dear 

what exactly you want to do the MPI have 2 harness in the front one comes from inside the dashboard to front light and another relays and fuses inside  and the second loom Is for the engine from ECU to sensors.

regarding the washer tubing you need 5 meter from the front washer to the rear bottle

Regards

Hi chaps I’ve been Reinstalling the engine wiring loom and I noticed in the main connector for the engine loom it’s abit black like it’s been burning, it’s the one that the engine loom connects to from inside the car and is fitted to a bracket on the bulkhead, can this be changed easily
Any advice appreciated
Thank you

Also bit of topic but anyone know how much washer tubing I’ll need to get to the wash bottle in the boot ‍♂

#5 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:39 AM

Dear

what exactly you want to do the MPI have 2 harness in the front one comes from inside the dashboard to front light and another relays and fuses inside and the second loom Is for the engine from ECU to sensors.

regarding the washer tubing you need 5 meter from the front washer to the rear bottle

Regards

Any advice appreciated
Thank you

Also bit of topic but anyone know how much washer tubing I’ll need to get to the wash bottle in the boot ‍♂

Thank you ?
The one I need to change is the large plug that comes through the large Hole in the bulkhead and connects to the engine Ecu loom it’s clicks onto a bracket on the bulkhead

#6 Kubbar

Kubbar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

Dear

what exactly you want to do the MPI have 2 harness in the front one comes from inside the dashboard to front light and another relays and fuses inside and the second loom Is for the engine from ECU to sensors.

Regards

Any advice appreciated
Thank you

Thank you ?
The one I need to change is the large plug that comes through the large Hole in the bulkhead and connects to the engine Ecu loom it’s clicks onto a bracket on the bulkhead

Dear 

the harness you mean is the main harness that comes with fuse box and a lots of clips and plug for the electric for the car, I would like to tell you this harness is very hard to change it 

1) you have to open and remove the dashboard

2) you have to pass and arrange the wire

3) know each switch and clips for what

its is not an easy way and very complicated, why you want to change the loom?

I share the photo for my car

Attached Files

#7 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

I don’t want to change the whole harness just the 1x plug the one that connects to the main engine loom

#8 Kubbar

Kubbar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:47 AM

Dear

Just take a photo for it if its male or female also to check how many pin inside

I don’t want to change the whole harness just the 1x plug the one that connects to the main engine loom

#9 phil hill

phil hill

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

Is it like this ??

https://uk.rs-online...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Phil.

#10 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

Is it like this ??

Phil.

Looks just like that, how do you take them apart to replace they look sealed ?

#11 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

Been thinking maybe rather than replacing the whole block can I just take out the one wire that’s burnt clean it up and the insert it
How do you hey these out of the blocks, I’ve watched a few bids on YouTube which seem good but as always as I’ve welcome ?

#12 gazza82

gazza82

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

Is it like this ??

Phil.

You don't take the block apart but pull the pins out .. but they are hooked in so you need some "special" tools to release them..

#13 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

Is it like this ??

Phil.

You don't take the block apart but pull the pins out .. but they are hooked in so you need some "special" tools to release them..

Ye figured that out today, had Abit of wire wedged in it but wouldn’t come out, I plugged the 2 connectors togeather in today and my electrician friend tested it to see if the terminal was allowing current and it was so he reckons someone just hasn’t pushed it togeather properly and it was just arking which is why it’s burnt, we gave it a good clean and it looks ok now so I’ll give it a try, if it gives me problems I’ll replace both male and female connectors as needed
Thanks for all the help but this most appreciated as always
Lee

#14 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:59 AM

Hi all bringing up an old one as only just getting round to actually doing it and didn’t want to start another thread
ha ha!!!
Can anyone tell me where I can get both sides of this connector from as I need to replace both sides of it unfortunately,there’s loads out there but I’ve no idea which ones will be the same Pins as originaly fitted
Thank you

#15 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:03 PM

Hi all bringing up an old one as only just getting round to actually doing it and didn’t want to start another thread
ha ha!!!
Can anyone tell me where I can get both sides of this connector from as I need to replace both sides of it unfortunately,there’s loads out there but I’ve no idea which ones will be the same Pins as originaly fitted
Thank you

Here

Is it like this ??

Phil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users