Photo
- - - - -

Micra Conversion - Which Engine?

Best Answer Artstu , 04 January 2020 - 08:39 PM

The 1.3 engine remained the same from 1992 to late 2000, the car varied a bit between years, very early cars didn't have NATS, Nissan anti theft system, later ones had two separate versions (I think) of NATS, if you're using the ECU later ones complicate matters, I'm told it can be bypassed if you know how. Look for CG13 on the front of the block next to the gearbox.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Nissan_Micra

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Merryck

Merryck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:49 PM

Hi guys, I posted this on 16vMiniClub, but it doesn't seem to be particularly active, so I'll try here as well. You guys haven't let me down before!

I'm currently looking into a Micra conversion, but I'm struggling to nail down exactly which model/year of Micra I should be looking for to get the right engine.

I'd like to go for the 1.3, what am I looking for to identify the correct engine? Are there any to avoid in particular?

#2 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:39 PM   Best Answer

The 1.3 engine remained the same from 1992 to late 2000, the car varied a bit between years, very early cars didn't have NATS, Nissan anti theft system, later ones had two separate versions (I think) of NATS, if you're using the ECU later ones complicate matters, I'm told it can be bypassed if you know how. Look for CG13 on the front of the block next to the gearbox.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Nissan_Micra

Edited by Artstu, 04 January 2020 - 08:39 PM.

#3 Merryck

Merryck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

Excellent, thank you, not as complicated as it could have been, I was worried there'd be a load to avoid!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users