2 replies to this topic

#1 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

I've never been to Classic lemans and am thinking of doing it this year. We'd be taking our trailer tent - where is best to camp and any advice would be welcome.

#2 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

Brilliant weekend, you'll have a great time. I haven't camped at the circuit but it's pretty busy and noisy (which you may or may not enjoy?). Don't try and drive to the circuit if you're staying further afield. Day parking is a nightmare, and there's lots of congestion around the circuit. There's a good tram service from the town centre to the circuit. Might be worth looking at options to camp further afield and make use of public transport? Main advice is get the ferry booked now if you're sailing from Portsmouth.

#3 smudger068

smudger068

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:19 AM

Having run a few cars at the circuit I would definitely be camping there!

Don't be tempted to hire the caravans that they put on offer. They are terrible.

It can be a trek from camping to the circuit though so maybe some bikes or a moped or something. Especially if youd like to track walk when the circuit is not busy. But keep everything locked up!

Take some comfy ear plugs because it will be noisey esp. If you have young ones.

Edited by smudger068, 07 January 2020 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users