4 replies to this topic

#1 minicooperr

minicooperr

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:26 AM

If anybody needs a cup holder I have found a great one that is 3d printed and takes minutes to install, i've installed mine and there is still room for knees and it seems to be very sturdy, so if anybody needs one check them out below!

https://www.ebay.co....1cAAOSw6GJd9muy

I will be buying one for the passenger side now that they are available all from his eBay store!

#2 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:18 PM

How long have you had it? Has it had to endure a hot summer day sat in the sun?

The reason I ask is that it's made from PLA. A guy I work with has a 3d printer and had to give up printing stuff for in his car using PLA because it would melt and warp.

It looks like a nice design but it's being sold for the same price the Minivation one was, which used much higher quality materials.

#3 minicooperr

minicooperr

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

How long have you had it? Has it had to endure a hot summer day sat in the sun?

The reason I ask is that it's made from PLA. A guy I work with has a 3d printer and had to give up printing stuff for in his car using PLA because it would melt and warp.

It looks like a nice design but it's being sold for the same price the Minivation one was, which used much higher quality materials.

Not had it long now, and no hot sun here in the UK yet, the quality does seem to be very good and sturdy but will have to wait and see if it stands up to the test of time 

#4 Sugarbear6

Sugarbear6

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

I have a 1994 rover mini sprite and  found a great place to get a perfect cupholder for my mini.  It's from cupholdersplus.com.  I got one for a Model A Ford.  I removed the sifter boot and this one slipped right down the gear stick and comes with a shifter boot.  I drilled one hole right behind the 2 cup holders and ran a sheet metal screw down to the shifter tunnel to hold it in place. 

#5 CCBG

CCBG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:07 AM

thirty quid for a cup holder? ffs!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by CCBG, 19 January 2020 - 01:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users